Eh?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So far no one has been able to identify this.

Its exactly 1 long, about 3/16 in dia (havent measured the dia), hollow, thin walled. Itt has GE with an anchor. This is raised not stamped. Any ideas?

1595994157_f2e60aa3-d690-47e8-94fc-87fca10e0c3f.jpg

1595994157_6affa1bc-ab2b-4d60-938a-eb1ce090ed62.jpg

Just a couple of ideas. GE stands for General Electric and they make things like turbines for the Royal Australian Navy who have an anchor as their symbol. ( i googled it )
BUT General Electric `s logo is more of a fancy script and the official Navy anchor looks different to the one in your pics. Whatever it is ,it may have an old Navy logo and an old GE logo. Did you dig it up or find it at the beach or somehow just acquired it ?

Could it be GF?
Jewelry engraved with HGE (Heavy Gold Electroplate), GE (Gold Electroplate), or GF (Gold Filled) may appear to be made of gold, but it is actually fashioned from other materials such as copper and contains only a very small amount of gold.

But laces or cords never have left/right twist arrows like lip sticks may have lol.
1596023352_screenshot_2020-07-29-21-47-59.jpg

And that's a scratch making you'se think the E is an F lol.

Not lipstick either though....

Probably a GE long tuning knob that would stick out of the boxing so you could adjust something on the fly.

Not that I would know though. :p

Sorry guys, should of said where i found it.

On a mullock heap.

Too small for lipstick!

Detonator cap had been mentioned but someone with experience in these said its too small.

Its got everyone stumped this one!

I was also thinking along the lines of a typewriter key or old adding machine key. A place i worked at many years`ago had an adding machine with longish keys, Can`t remember exactly what they looked like ,but just remember how big the machine was and the keys being long.Some old cars had press buttons on the dash in that style ,too.

Latest posts