Nice score

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Couple of weekends ago we were house hunting with our daughter and her partner, first house was lovely but way over budget, but we checked the place out including the must have sheds, a good sized 4 bay job. A couple of ride on mowers and that was it until I spotted a 6" felt polishing wheel setup on the floor in a corner :/ There was something sitting behind it under a perspex cover which required a quick look :eek: ...it pays to be inquisitive at times.

The rest of the gang were leaving, but a quick lift of the lid revealed a dusty and obviously un-loved small slab saw, probably 12" or so I thought, . A quick follow up and the house vendor phones me. Turns out it was his fathers and he'd like to get rid of it, so made a not quite 'sight unseen' offer and picked it up yesterday in the bucketing rain.

Sat in the car until this morning when I plonked it on the garage floor and lifted the lid :eek: :party: :inlove: :beer: :beer: :beer:

10" Gemmasta power drive slab saw.

1595749766_250_saw.jpg

1595749795_saw-table.jpg

Bit rusty and dusty, but I'm good at TLC, needed a bit of luck for a change :)

Nice find. I can see that coming in handy on the bigger stuff. Have you turned it on to see if it runs?
If you need a hand with the repairs give me a call, although it looks pretty good. :Y:

Hi
Would like to contact you about your Gemmasta
or any other members re Gemmasta Cabachon grinders....thanks

Yes, for the modern and more common Gemmastas, but the early and rare like the Gem Grinder, parts are no longer available. I don't know how many were made back in the early 70's but I do know you needed to be successful in the Opal industry to afford one, a GT Falcon was cheaper!

Latest posts