Goodbye Coon

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will just leave this here as it seams appropriate
1595763748_img_1047.jpg

The crazy thing is, Coon is actually a fairly common surname in Ireland and the US.
I'm all for equality, the recognition of Aboriginal people & past treatment, and respect for the land in forests and reserves etc., but I really think such actions as the Coon cheese name change make a mockery of reconciliation. And, I guess if we are going to talk openly about such issues, I personally take offense at the catch-all term white man. Does that include all migrants of the last century, including Indians, Sri Lankans, Maori, Fijians, and now Sudanese and other Africans who also take part in capitalist society's ventures and property ownership, and have done so for the last 50 to 100 years or so?

The guy that helped make the cheese in the first place was anders bjorn overby so they will probably use his initials for the new name.

It was named after Edward William Coon 1871 to 1934 from Philadelphia. He patended a method known as the cooning process for fast maturation of cheese via high humidity and temperature. Thats what wikapedia says and yes I see the joke above, hardy ha. If they called it that rather than Coon they should change the name.

PC culture going mad.

Now the same activist has set his sights on Pauls Milk product. At first I thought this was parody, alas its actual news.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...uls-smarter-white-milk/ar-BB17w8pS?li=AAgfYrC

We are now witness to what happens when you start seeing caving by companies to social justice advocates, its a slippery slope....Set enough precedents and watch the civil claims start appearing in the courts.

I agree OldGT, it's crap pure and simple. If there were such a thing as black milk, then one could well indeed draw the inference that white milk was being spruiked as the smarter alternative to black. But as it stands, it's just one more side-show that makes a mockery of equality and any meaningful dialogue regarding reconciliation.

I m in trouble . I drink highland black, black douglas, and johnny walker black. That must say something derogatory about me aye.
Jim :playful: O:) :perfect:

Let's try and rename things the indigenous have invented....hang on we can't rename NOTHING :lol:

Actually I believe that the boomerang might be offensive to rangas. Ie very white people with red hair
:eek: :eek: