Goodbye Coon

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A family name hundreds of years old has been now deemed offensive. PC gone bonkers. When will it stop?

1595676076_white_shark.jpg

Goldfreak said:
You ask when will it stop? It won't. Some people will always find something offensive. The more you pander to the PC brigade the more they will demand.

You're right. I wrote to Saputo, the company behind all this, and told them so. I will now try to avoid their products as much as I can. Sad.

Goldfreak said:
You ask when will it stop? It won't. Some people will always find something offensive. The more you pander to the PC brigade the more they will demand.

Go woke, go broke.

Ask Holden, Mazda, Gillette and Ben & Jerrys how the average consumer responds to woke messaging when they caved to pressuring.

If we are going to be offended by Americanisms how about this Saputo product ? Cracker is used as a derogatory term to describe white people in the United States and unlike Coon is not the family name of its founder. Fortunately I also realise its a name of a type of biscuit in English so am not really offended but if they want to virtue signal and hold to there statement on racism they need to ban this too.
1595683353_actual_cracker_barrel_315x237b.jpg

Ciggarrette lollies for children, cant see the problem with that :lol: I only remember them as fads but people still called them fags so muat have been just after the name change.

aussiefarmer said:
Cheese is freaking well yellow , are we going to also redo the atlas and rename Coonamble , Coonabaraban, Blacktown , etc ,etc.

What is offensive is people calling substitute foods milk and meat when it's simply impossible to milk a nut or bean or butcher a test tube.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JJCTIPWPNtw watch the vid and learn ;)

Not really wanting to add fuel to the fire, so I'll ask it as a question. Why isn't "White Lady Funerals" called a racist, sexist company title?

Blocker said:
Not really wanting to add fuel to the fire, so I'll ask it as a question. Why isn't "White Lady Funerals" called a racist, sexist company title?

Have you noticed how many white cars there are compared to Black ones ?

Will the PC police pop their heads out of the kindergarten window for a moment and demand equality ?

All white cars must be now painted grey.. ?

1595717516_58fd525e-d48b-415b-bba8-3059449abe81.jpg

Its still hard for us to understand. This is Still part of the problem. Just a name change doesnt both me .

Goldfreak said:
If we are going to be offended by Americanisms how about this Saputo product ? Cracker is used as a derogatory term to describe white people in the United States and unlike Coon is not the family name of its founder. Fortunately I also realise its a name of a type of biscuit in English so am not really offended but if they want to virtue signal and hold to there statement on racism they need to ban this too.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10082/1595683353_actual_cracker_barrel_315x237b.jpg

The moment I heard that 'Coon' was being renamed on the radio I immediately wondered 'my crackers will never be the same again''.Cheese colour, if anything,, is closer to white than black. I've never seen a black cheese. Fair enough, there may well be a black cheese called 'coon' somewhere in the world and in such instance I would wholeheartedly agree that a name change would perhaps be agreeable to all involved.

Incidentally I stopped by a store a month ago and bought some 'Black Rice Crackers' and its now how I personally refer to a certain movement of knuckle dragging, low IQ, pandemic spreading primates.

"I popped into the shop for some Black Rice Crackers."That seems like a perfectly normal, English statement HOWEVER its clearly the most racist product ever created by man. So, in the spirit of our time, I bought a pack. :p They're the perfect accompaniment to Coon cheese I would think.

People who get offended easily are infantile, mouth breathing, moronic, dribbling idiots. If you are one of the halfwits please shoot me a PM to help pass lockdown time :p

RM Outback said:
I'll always call it Coon and don't give a :poop: who is offended :beer:

I'll never buy another pack if they change the name. I dont respect anything that bows down to such nonsense.

In fact, I think we should repurpose the title 'Coon' to refer explicitly to white, whiney, weiner people who get offended easily. :lol:

Latest posts