Goodbye Mrs. Patrick1

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every moment like it's your last, sounds like that summed up your life together. Congratulations on a great time !

Bridgey's native wreath to be sent today to Patrick from all of us PAers.
1596076050_flowers.jpg

Wow Pete that is just Perfect. Thank you.. :perfect:

The Wolves will be Howling tonight as a send off to some-one who I have never met but wish I had.... :flowers:

Unfortunately God only takes the Good people as he only needs good Angels to watch over Us.... O:)

LW...

That is Bridgey all over BigWave.
So sad I could not be there.
I stopped work today at 12:00 and listened to a bit of music for her.

Will never be forgotten.

I know it is a small consolation but here is My Eulogy that was spoken today. I'm so very sorry to the people that loved her and couldn't be present to say their goodbyes in person.
I am in no way a wordsmith but I hope it helps you to reflect in your fond memories of Bridget.
As I sit here, trying to write this post, I find that my words are inadequate and lack the substance to help you heal from the loss. I am truly sorry for your pain.
Remember....Bridget Loves You and so do I.

Thank you, friends and Family, for being here today to Celebrate Bridgey's Life and Memories.
There may be cursing involved, where she was involved, there unusually was. And laughter...always smiles and laughter around that Woman.
Some of you here today knew Bridget, some of you had never met her but are here anyway, to give support and pay you're respects. For that, she loves each and every one of you. And I love you.
Bridget struggled for 23 years with nonstop health issues that rarely gave her a days peace. Yet, she always had a Smile. She was the Stongest Human I have ever met. She possessed and indomitable Will and a sense of Acceptance that has always baffled me. I stand in Awe of her.She never complained about the "Why Me". She never railed at God or the Universe at the unfairness of her situation. She just knew, and accepted, that LIFE WAS NOT FAIR.She lived her Life the best she could with what she had. There are quite a number of people that can attest to the fact that Bridget lived a BIG Life even if it was in small ways.
Bridget had Style and, she had Color in her life.
Her Style ranged anywhere from a hand-made dress from a sheet, which she ROCKED!, to a Unicorn shirt that said " I will CUT you!" And we will always remember her fabulous footwear. From Ugg Boots to Doc Martin's. She wore it all with Grace. And let's never forget her HAIR! Always a new color and style. I got a new Wife every few weeks.
Bridgey's humor and laughter was almost non-stop...even in the worst of times. The day before her passing, she was laying in the bed nd belted out a few lines of "Wooooah Black Betty Bam-A-Lam". I damn near pissed myself. In ANY story with Bridget, someone usually pisses themselves.
And that is why we are here. To celebrate a Life well Lived. She picked herself up every time Life knocked her down. She jump up and scream..."Is that the best you got, Bitch?!"
Bridget said that we are all to Celbrate her Life, the end of her Pain and the joy of her reunion with her Mother Kate.
Bridgey's friends and Family know how much they meant to her. She made sure of that. You will all carry that, and her, with you every single day of your life.
Her enduring strength and laughter is what I will carry with me along with my love of a truly remarkable human being.
Bridget, I will Love you until the day I die. And when we meet again, I'll get Love you for all of Eternity.

Mate I find it so much easier to type my words than to say them personally. I wish I could have got up and said a few words but Im afraid I probably would have lost my shit. You my friend are an Inspiration not just to me but to all of us. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

You are a brave man patrick , the strength of you love shines through in your beautiful eulogy. We never had the chance to meet her and our live are poorer for that. We had hoped to catch up at the gold bash this year, but covid put paid to that. You have our thoughts and condolences, and we will catch up one day as we now reside in the gt.
Jim & Robyn :flowers: :brokenh: 8.(

Patrick
Thanks for sharing your eulogy. It helps those like me that couldnt get there yesterday share in the celebration of Bridgets life. If it wasnt for COVID lockdown I would have been there.
It was beautifully written. I cant imagine how hard it was to get up and read it. I dont think Id be able to. Hang in there buddy. Your PA friends are here to comfort you in this difficult time.
I look forward to sitting around a camp fire with you and other PA members and toasting Bridgets life.
Andy :flowers:

Patrick,
Hard words to write, l think you expressed your sentiments very well and Bridget would have been proud of you and also what you said about her.
I hope we can catch-up in the not too distant future before Cindy and l head North ( hopefully) :flowers:

She caught me by surprise,

Last year at the Bash.
I was as usual, Talking to some one and this voice behind me said,
" Hello Dougy. "

Well, Being me reacting to a soft female voice spoken behind me
that was indeed, rude, I immediately decided to instantly focus my attention.
I turned around and there, Right before my eye's, was Bridgey,
That flattering beautiful smile she had that was ear to ear signaled that she had really,
caught me by surprise.

That blew me away as I already knew then that She was indeed, Very ill.
I found out later that all she wanted to do was go meet her friends and have a laugh or two.
She only lasted a short time as she run out of strength but it was a highlight for her to go
and meet her people.

And I made sure of that. Bloody big whacking hug and a few small tears.

That meant a hell of a lot to me as some of you know, I am a people
type person.

Bridgey was suffering a lot of pain but, What was most important to her was her friends.
Patrick, Well, That was easy to work out as a lot of us know, He is a legend within himself.
You gave her strenght, Love, And Brother, That means more to us who know what she suffered.

I will sign off on that and as I have stated before,

I will always remember that bloody smile and those sparkling eye's that meant, That is Bridgey.

Patrick, This is what it makes my ambition within our prospecting community a real fight to keep
our rights open.

Real people with real passion.

And, We love you.

Kind Regards,

Doug.

Patrick1 said:
I know it is a small consolation but here is My Eulogy that was spoken today. I'm so very sorry to the people that loved her and couldn't be present to say their goodbyes in person.
I am in no way a wordsmith but I hope it helps you to reflect in your fond memories of Bridget.
As I sit here, trying to write this post, I find that my words are inadequate and lack the substance to help you heal from the loss. I am truly sorry for your pain.
Remember....Bridget Loves You and so do I.

Thank you, friends and Family, for being here today to Celebrate Bridgey's Life and Memories.
There may be cursing involved, where she was involved, there unusually was. And laughter...always smiles and laughter around that Woman.
Some of you here today knew Bridget, some of you had never met her but are here anyway, to give support and pay you're respects. For that, she loves each and every one of you. And I love you.
Bridget struggled for 23 years with nonstop health issues that rarely gave her a days peace. Yet, she always had a Smile. She was the Stongest Human I have ever met. She possessed and indomitable Will and a sense of Acceptance that has always baffled me. I stand in Awe of her.She never complained about the "Why Me". She never railed at God or the Universe at the unfairness of her situation. She just knew, and accepted, that LIFE WAS NOT FAIR.She lived her Life the best she could with what she had. There are quite a number of people that can attest to the fact that Bridget lived a BIG Life even if it was in small ways.
Bridget had Style and, she had Color in her life.
Her Style ranged anywhere from a hand-made dress from a sheet, which she ROCKED!, to a Unicorn shirt that said " I will CUT you!" And we will always remember her fabulous footwear. From Ugg Boots to Doc Martin's. She wore it all with Grace. And let's never forget her HAIR! Always a new color and style. I got a new Wife every few weeks.
Bridgey's humor and laughter was almost non-stop...even in the worst of times. The day before her passing, she was laying in the bed nd belted out a few lines of "Wooooah Black Betty Bam-A-Lam". I damn near pissed myself. In ANY story with Bridget, someone usually pisses themselves.
And that is why we are here. To celebrate a Life well Lived. She picked herself up every time Life knocked her down. She jump up and scream..."Is that the best you got, Bitch?!"
Bridget said that we are all to Celbrate her Life, the end of her Pain and the joy of her reunion with her Mother Kate.
Bridgey's friends and Family know how much they meant to her. She made sure of that. You will all carry that, and her, with you every single day of your life.
Her enduring strength and laughter is what I will carry with me along with my love of a truly remarkable human being.
Bridget, I will Love you until the day I die. And when we meet again, I'll get Love you for all of Eternity.

Latest posts