Good camping mattress ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always been a fan of decent quality airbeds. They take up little space.
And I keep a new unboxed single one for emergency back up.
Some like it hard, some soft! :lol:
But I'm getting soft! :argh:
I just bought a queen foam mattress from fantastic for a about $135 on special. 150mm/6" thick!
I've cut it up the guts to make 2 at 750mm wide strips.
Went to spotlight and bought some awning/blind canvas. Water resistant light weight, dust proof.
1500mm wide.
The top layer of canvas will be one sheet wide 1500mm.
The underside layer of the cover will have 2 pockets sleeves, one for each peice of mattress.
That has an inverted "V" joint , this will allow for the mattress to be folded from side to side like a hinge.
Without separating between during use.
Cutting down the overall width to 750W x300mm H.
But like two pillow slips joined together.
Velcro at base to remove mattress for serious cleaning.
And Velcro side tabs to help keep folded.
Will fit in my Big Daddy, and gazebo tent.
And easily on roof cage.
They come with a zippered protector sheet.
Will just bag in it when on the roof cage.
Thanx mum for the sewing :cool:

Over here I have got the ultimate in sleeping bags, It is a 5 season one made for Carp fisherman who sleep outside in the middle of EU winters which can reach -20 -30 and -40 below, the outer shell is 100% waterproof, In fact you can pour water on it and it will just pool or run off of it,

It is a Twin bag system that gives me 6 or 8 options on how I set it up, It also has a fleece lining that can be reversed and I can have 1,2 or 3 layers on top of me and then I can split them and use it as 2 separate bags, It should keep a person warm down to around -60*c and then I can always add another 5 season bag to it and a fleece or a silk liner so the Colder weather has little to No impact on this sleeping bag, I tried it in -3*c under one layer of it and it was too warm,

My Camp Bed is also made for Carp Fisherman and it has a built in mattress and the legs are multi adjustable built to cope with uneven ground and it has wide Mud Feet to stop it sinking in the Ground, Sleepwise they are about as good as it gets. they can be bought in longer and wider sizes so they have one that fits everyone. :Y:

Mickybees said:
Iv played with the pressure on the mattress and seems if Im comfortable the mrs is not and the other way round to also the mattress does not breathe so even with a sheet over the mattress plus the sleeping bags its not right...Im leaning towards stretcher and maybe a self inflating mattress or just some breathable foam

Hi Mickybees. Since you cannot come to a compromise, have you thought of maybe purchasing 2 singles. That way you can both have what you want.

Latest posts