G'day Everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, from N.S.W, Central west and yes I'm a newbie on here but not around prospecting, I'm just 62 years young and I started out on the end of a Jack Hammer and a Pick and Shovel around the age of 15, around 1973.
Boy, those were the days of some big holes and gelignite and many hours on the end of a Shovel it was tough going back then.
These days it's called Technology and by what I have seen in the way of today's metal detectors they make life close to the surface look very easy with a mild machine costing around $1500 it would appear that's all you need to scratch out within a
Half a metre from the surface with a good Pointer and a sharp blade Shovel to find some sice bits and pieces that's all one needs to enjoy a great way of life in a bloody great Country.
AS LONG AS SOME PEOPLE TAKE THEIR RUBBISH OUT WITH THEM, THAT THEY BROUGHT IN THEMSELVES.
Otherwise the lovely areas we all enjoy will be closed too us all, because of outright "LAZY PEOPLE"
Who can't take the time too clean up after a day or two in the Bush !
Some of the mess I've seen would bring a man too tears.
So THIS IS MY ONE MESSAGE TOO ALL, IF YOU CAN TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE A BLOODY MESS, THEN YOU CAN SURELY TAKE THE TIME TO CLEAN IT UP AND TAKE IT WITH YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE PLEASE,
IT'S NOT MUCH TO ASK EVERYONE !!
Look after our Beautiful Australian Bush, it's all we have.
That's my Two cents worth of Bitching for today.. From a former member of The NSW RFS, SES, CREST & Albatross radio Australia
That just a little of my Story, I think I may find some great new friends on here and in the field too
Cheers Everyone ! :Y: :fire: :pickshovel: :beer: :coffee: :koala: :perfect:

Ease up there young fella... we all know it's the four wheelers and the shooters leaving the rubbish (stands to reason that anyone rooting around in the dirt for treasures would never cr@p where they eat so to speak) we'll all cheer when you tell us your exploits of posting all about that on their specific forums lol.

Welcome aboard :D

Hi there Silver,

OMG , Please let me STOP, you right there mate.
Prospecters would Never trash their own nest
It is those ones you refer to in your reply,
Those Weekend Warriors that come out from the city that have no respect for anything that most of us value.
Having said that, it's only a problem few that are lazy
Most bushman are ok.

I've never seen an untidy prospecter in all my years on the road and I have been to some remote and remarkable places around Australia The N.T and the Kimberley are prime examples.

Hopefully that helps you to understand what I ment.
And thanks for your welcome, Cheers. :Y:

The Relic Detective said:
Hi there Silver,

OMG , Please let me STOP, you right there mate.
Prospecters would Never trash their own nest
It is those ones you refer to in your reply,
Those Weekend Warriors that come out from the city that have no respect for anything that most of us value.
Having said that, it's only a problem few that are lazy
Most bushman are ok.

I've never seen an untidy prospecter in all my years on the road and I have been to some remote and remarkable places around Australia The N.T and the Kimberley are prime examples.

Hopefully that helps you to understand what I ment.
And thanks for your welcome, Cheers. :Y:
I believe they're the ones your refering to. :D

Latest posts