Counting to ten.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Watch this space.... To light a large fire all that is needed is a small spark.

I would like to put one of my own issues to bed ( and yes I do have many) and this is how I think I can do it.

Whilst I have recently been keenly and actively looking to purchase a used minelab GPX 4000 or 4500 , just missing

out on OldGT's this week, I have seen the amount of imports that are advertised and discussed,

My proposal is that 1 The group all put in one dollar each.
2 One of these imports is purchased.
3 Leave it at the back of the third telephone pole behind
the Dunnolly Hotel.
4 Replace after use.

and then..

5 No more discussion.

The irony of point 5 is not lost ( at least now that I've pointed it out).

It's a pity that even if I could get to see one these cheep things I have no way of comparing it to,

lets say,what would be my own GPX 4000 or 4500.

Just to be clear . Totally clear . I would love to be able to test it against my own

but need to own my own to to test it.!

Any thoughts?

Cheap is cheap
Genuine is genuine
Your not saving a cent if its not the best you can afford
$1.00 each :eek: either its a large group or a broom handle with buttons and a frisby glued on it
Whos going to charge the batteries ? Or do you plug it into the 3rd telephone pole.
Drinking before lunch always causes crazy thinking. :playful:

Always, Always, Always check the serial number of any machine you buy 2nd hand with the manufacturer before committing to purchase, simples :) :beer:

:bomb: :fire:
Safety Man, I hope you've got your PPE on :lol:
Please ensure said charging point is installed on pole 3 as suggested. As soon as i can get there I will hide a battery powered frisby behind the pole. Shhhhhh
Dont let any others know its there
:perfect: :beer: :beer:

Thanks for your understanding 'Redfin'!

I think you may be the only reply that can read between the lines.

Trying to accomplish step 6 .(if you mean a real one)

I see a list of machines with your post. Can you help me in getting any closer to owning an example

of the last one on your list. A 4500? an original 4500?

Competition for a used 4500 is pretty high at the moment.

I suggest if you have Facebook head over to some of the detecting/prospecting sales sites and just put what you're after and how much you're willing to pay.

Seems to me people who might not be willing to advertise publicly will contact a cashed up buyer.

OldGT said:
Competition for a used 4500 is pretty high at the moment.

I suggest if you have Facebook head over to some of the detecting/prospecting sales sites and just put what you're after and how much you're willing to pay.

Seems to me people who might not be willing to advertise publicly will contact a cashed up buyer.

And that competition just may get more intense with the recent news regarding Whites going under. There may be even more people who don't want to fork out for a new Minelab model?

Thanks for the direction OldGT.

I'm exactly as described a Newbie!

Could you be more specific as to the sites or is it even possible to put something in a post that I can click on.

Yes I am this useless with tech. I don't think I need a twin handled detector, but certainly do need the occasional

Help with tech.

Just to mention in retrospect. sorry for the suggestion of McD's yesterday. I keep forgetting that its not possible to hear an accent

in a voice via these posts and it was the only Scottish restaurant that i could think of.

Probably why I had to try and haggle. Bad Idea in retrospect! "woops"

Just so its out there .... 4000 with a few toys low to mid 2000's, 4500 with a few toys mid to high 2000's

These are just ballpark figures.

I can pay in cash and will drive anywhere in Victoria outside the lock down area.

Mid to high $2k or mid $3k for a 4500 I'm in!

If you know of one out there, not in lock down, and it could bought for cash this this weekend.

And I mean $3000+ for a 4500 is a non insulting amount to the seller.

Well I think anyway.

Have to agree with you about the trend in the market.

safety man said:
Mid to high $2k or mid $3k for a 4500 I'm in!

If you know of one out there, not in lock down, and it could bought for cash this this weekend.

And I mean $3000+ for a 4500 is a non insulting amount to the seller.

Well I think anyway.

Have to agree with you about the trend in the market.

There's a Wanting to Buy section here:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=55

if you buy a fake minelab the only guarantee is it will look like one.

inside the case could be a kids music box held in with used chewing gum . and thats all you deserve to get if you dont understand what "fake / counterfeit / dodgy as all farg actually means.

Would you like to buy some $ 100 notes from me for $ 10 each or do you already have a monopoly Game at home ?

Maybe its me.

Usually is.

But this topic was headed counting to ten.

This will make 8. so in that regard thank you "grubsnake" you have in fact been helpful.

There has been only some reading between the lines.Even though I've even been leaving space to do so!!

Seems as though I may need my hand held again (careful to anyone who is seen to, you may suffer from

Guilt Through Association.) but I was under the impression that the section " Wanted to Buy" is not yet accessible to me.

And if i'm wrong its not a case of ... Maybe its me

"dave79" mentioned about some peoples' ability to count, can't recall exactly what??

Where am I?

Oh! My goodness.

There I am..

And I have only been here for a day not some 2070 days! re:'Grubstake"

Full disclosure 'Dave79' the name was given to me.

You would not believe how long it takes to prepare for what I do if you want to do it safely.

The irony in this post is that in my real life the majority of time people are watching out for me

I don't need to stand out, I do however, but that's OK because that is the only requirement for

being outstanding.

It was given to me.

All good mate, we were just a bit far apart on price, and a bit far apart with location.

If you have access to FB just search prospecting buy and sell and FB will end up making a whole bunch of suggestions. You can also try Gumtree.

Latest posts