Requiem Mass for The Late 25" DD Woo-Woo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Family and Friends of Deepseeker are welcomed here today to celebrate the passing of his beloved coil, affectionately known as "Woo-Woo"

Woo-Woo passed away suddenly this morning just after sunrise, with Deepseeker by her side, on a lonely wind swept hill, deep in the heart of Victoria's Golden Triangle.

Woo-Woo (so named because that's the sound she happily made whenever she passed over a deep lead musket ball or a gold nugget), came into this life near Wedderburn Victoria in early 2020. Her first and only posting was to Deepseekers home, where upon meeting it was love at first sight- And no, it wasn't just because she was a DD! This was much more than that....This was different...........

Only just recently, she happily reported the presence of a tiddling 1.5g nugget not far from Deepseekers feet, in very mineralized ground, unfazed by DS's cussing because he'd forgotten his scoop and the pinpointer that he'd both left behind in the car way back yonder.

After a nearly two hour drive to the Golden Triangle, Deepseeker found her unresponsive and incoherent. She didn't respond to DD settings, and for the first time Deepseeker was unable to turn her on ;) She was completely unable to see DS's pick (yes, I said PICK) or even his car up close. In grief-stricken denial, Deepseeker sought to shift the blame to the GPX5000, not for one minute accepting that his beloved Woo-Woo could have passed away......

D.S had then realized, that for the first time ever since taking up detecting, he had actually forgotten to take his other coils with him- Today of all days............

Woo-Woo was driven home on her last journey in Deepseekers BA Falcon wagon/hearse, with his solemn mood only growing deeper, as in the now daylight he passed all the same landmarks on the nearly two hour drive back home again, that he had already passed in darkness only a short time before.......

Comparative testing with the 11" DD commander coil that SHOULD HAVE been in the back of the wagon like it always has been before, proved that Woo-Woo was indeed deceased.

Please friends, join me in prayer- "May Rohan make his face shine upon you, and be gracious in my warranty claim. May he look kindly upon you and give life to you again after death. In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the six hundred and fifty bucks I spent on you (and hid from Mrs Deepseeker via Paypal)."

-Amen. :brokenh:

Thanks DED. Apparently size isn't as important though as knowing how to use it. I'm still fumbling around in the dark here..

Footnote

A very happy ending to this story. Apparently Woo-Woo wasn't dead after all :D It seems she was suffering from a case of Coil Catalepsy.

Wand Wizard Rohan from NF contacted me this morning to let me know that one of the wires in the plug had broken (which would probably explain why I got a signal out of her in Mono just before I sent her back).

I'm ecstatic!! I sent her off on Monday, Rohan received her, repaired her, and has mailed her off back to me by the Friday of the same week. That is amazing service and after sales back up. Good one Nugget Finder!!!