Workshop Tool suggestions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only things Ive seen missing from an essentials list is a chainsaw and a decent ladder or two.

For what its worth I run both Makita and Ryobi one cordless tools, never had a problem with eithers batteries (other than price :lol: ). Even picked up several second hand batteries cheap too, only ever had to swap one R-1 4ah set out when a single unit failed. I use both as each brand has better options than the other depending on tool.

The R-1 pole saw that came in a kit was junk and poorly designed, but all my tools (grinders, lights, saws, jigsaw, circular saw, radios, planer, drills, impact drivers, ratchet, sanders etc) have all stood the test of time, and Im hard on gear with environment and use.

10 ton pota power, very handy tool.
1594342313_images_10.jpg

Rockhunter62 said:
Nightjar said:
You can't have enough Ryobi tools.
Have lost count of the times, haven't had to run our extension leads for garden projects, grinding, drilling etc etc.
Just added a Ryobi window cleaning kit, what a winner! :perfect: :100:
Have to be careful not to walk through the back door without opening it..... :D

Just make sure you buy the vacuum cleaner as well so you can suck up all the blue smoke and put it back inside the tools. Handy man tools and that is all they are. :N:

Cheers

Doug
Ive got a 42cc ryobi chainsaw, we have flogged it to death last 4 years and starts 2nd to 3rd pull over and over again. New bar and chains obviously, but over the last 4 years its cut well in excess off 30 ton of blue gum and sugar gum, even my partner who has had stihl for over 35yrs hes amazed too. Cant recommend them enough. :Y: :perfect: :)

Reading your list, the most obvious gap was an impact driver, as others have mentioned. A set of impact drill bits is a good thing, too. I don't think you can get them at Bunnings, though. Sydney Tools or somewhere like that is worth a look for that kind of thing.

pinfire opals said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Nightjar said:
You can't have enough Ryobi tools.
Have lost count of the times, haven't had to run our extension leads for garden projects, grinding, drilling etc etc.
Just added a Ryobi window cleaning kit, what a winner! :perfect: :100:
Have to be careful not to walk through the back door without opening it..... :D

Just make sure you buy the vacuum cleaner as well so you can suck up all the blue smoke and put it back inside the tools. Handy man tools and that is all they are. :N:

Cheers

Doug
Ive got a 42cc ryobi chainsaw, we have flogged it to death last 4 years and starts 2nd to 3rd pull over and over again. New bar and chains obviously, but over the last 4 years its cut well in excess off 30 ton of blue gum and sugar gum, even my partner who has had stihl for over 35yrs hes amazed too. Cant recommend them enough. :Y: :perfect: :)

Wasn't talking about the chainsaws.

Cheers

Doug

Bought a CCTY system last year Lonewolf.. :Y:
Along with a whole bunch of security floodlights and security beams for the entry doors..
1594710282_f5d279f7-4f57-4d53-a70d-90120c24631f.jpg

1594710282_ce126d33-5dd0-4a11-b1ff-8aea7dc5e779.jpg

1594710475_33a97eb3-304f-4bd2-bc1a-15cfd2a5d5af.jpg

1594710476_e6fe2bcb-05b5-41b9-b431-24b740d344dc.jpg

Keypad entry locks might be hard to fix to the 2 large sliding steel doors ..but might be a good idea for the two normal size entry doors built into them..will look into getting some :Y:

First door to door box is getting sent this week.
A mate that works with NSW fire and rescue got me a whole lot of decommissioned canvas water hoses.
I just had to go to the agg store and buy male and female camlock hose fittings.
:perfect:

You're right Jaros
A lock only keeps out honest people, it wont stop a determined thief from entering.
Thankfully we have the son of the farm managers staying in the warehouse with his wife and young child..he has a shotgun and a 9mm we bought for security.

:perfect:
1594714415_julius.jpg

The father Jedie has an old '38 revolver as well..
1594715280_jedie.jpg

Paid for a nice Bossweld ac-dc tig today !
Always hated paying $70 ph for something I could do myself!
Would of paid for itself if I got it 5 years ago...
I even got a $100 off the specials price! Cash is the go!
Time to get the alloy jobs out!...

Dog was the cheapest alarm/deterrent I ever got. Did cause some problems with the gas delivery guy, feed her schmackos on the way in but couldnt sway her on the way out :lol: Had to call ahead in the end.

Only one young punk ever jumped the back fence, hard to tell the difference between brave and stupid though. Never did come back for his shoes and shorts. :poop:

OldGT said:
Dog was the cheapest alarm/deterrent I ever got. Did cause some problems with the gas delivery guy, feed her schmackos on the way in but couldnt sway her on the way out :lol: Had to call ahead in the end.

Only one young punk ever jumped the back fence, hard to tell the difference between brave and stupid though. Never did come back for his shoes and shorts. :poop:
They look so proud when snarling on a bit of blood soaked Denham jeans! :cool:

Latest posts