Highbanker/Trommel Recommendations.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G,day

Seeing as new products are always entering the market figured starting a new thread would be okay.

It would great to get some help choosing a product. Here's some info to help find the right machine for the job.

I am travelling Australia, Solo. taking care not to enter any places/states that are not allowed, also taking considerations on places this machine is not allowed to be used in.
In my 20s & physically capable. The goal is to transport either a highbanker/trommel or comboH in my car, get as close to the source and either carry or utilize a wheel barrow to move the tool through the rest of the terrain, then set up and filter material through.

Simple & light wait yet also effective would be ideal.

My background has been only detecting and panning. so would be great to have a quicker and more effective method. Not out here to hit the jackpot just appreciating the time to explore, and its the closet thing that takes me back to the time in the army. Highbankers and trommels seem to be to way to go.

Theirs mountains of info to sieve through but still not sure what would be the most suitable for someone with these limitations and goals. Seems to be a lot of overseas companies with big marketing budget to push their products, but would be better to find something aussie made.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Ill be happy to share anything useful that comes up along the way.

Kind regards
Jim

Latest posts