XP Deus information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi
there no good mate, just a single freaquancy vlf that does not like aussie soils.
they work in Europe but not here so save your money.
there are better options for aussie ground like the whites, technetics and others that work here and are cheaper.
regards trashy

I thought it would be more of a coin machine. I like that you get updates on the softwear and it looks really easy to use. Since no one is using it for gold i figured it wont be any good for that purpose.

hi beagleboy
for coins in benign ground would be ok. but you would be limited to just that ground.
they don't like the beach.
the machine looks great with the wireless headphones and free updates is a great idea but not much use if you can't use it.
if you know the blokes from the prospectors patch, ask them what it's like, there answer may have you thinking about a different machine.
if just looking for coins the $1800 price tag would be too high for me. the technetics t2 is great for coins at fantastic depths and is cheaper.

totally up to you though, i'm just letting you know what I found out when looking into them.
regards trashy

It is THE perfect detector when you hunt a polluted (with iron nails) roman or medieval site in Europe.
Recovery speed is impressive, and its ability to pick up small (I mean VERY small like my avatar - 0.5g) coins or artefacts of gold and silver has no equal.

However, I do not see the use for this in Australia... I am not sure it like the mineralisation we have here, and it is not designed for the beach either.

But if you live in France or in the UK, it the best machine at the moment.

The Tesoro Vaquero would probably do just as good, if not better for a portion of the cost of the XP Deus. The discrimination on the Vaquero works very well at ignoring iron targets, will go deep supertuned, has ground balancing to combat mineralisation, albeit done manually, and is very easy to use. It is also well known for having class leading recovery speed over targets.

It may not be for everyone though, especially if you like having a screen display for target ID's, depth indication, and notching out unwanted targets. :)

Anyone out there actually using a deus that would like to share their experience?

I understand that there are plenty of opinions being put forward but I haven't heard any first hand reports that haven't come out of the UK or US.

So, anyone got any First Hand experience with this machine in Australian conditions?

Not looking for a "this is better than that" debate just curious about this particular machine.

Cheers,

Morg

I would have said they don't handle our ground, our beaches or goldfields, good in benign ground though.
but I have not used one, just going on what people that have used one have told me.

so sorry morgan can't help with any first hand experience ;)
regards tm

mbasko said:
trashmagnet said:
hi
there no good mate, just a single freaquancy vlf
They have 4 frequencies 4, 8, 12 & 18 khz.

hi mate
have a look at the date I said that, the new freaquancy's are part of the version 3 gold program that was not out (or known about) in nov last year.
the prospectors patch were still working on it /testing it back then
things have changed

regards tm

I thought that at least since V2 they had 4 frequencies. The V3 firmware update has the gold program but doesn't say anything about adding extra frequencies? Dunno, don't really care - only put it up in case someone else who might be researching them read the thread.
Regardless it will still only operate in one single frequency at one time which for the $$$ I would be expecting multi frequency transmission such as BBS or FBS. Also for goldfield detecting I reckon the 18 khz is still too low for pinging the small bits & speccis you would most likely be chasing. If they had a 40+ khz frequency they might have a true VLF allrounder.
Still its an interesting machine that has a lot of good points - cost not being one of them :D

Most of my friends in Europe are upgrading to the Deus, because it is really the best at the moment.
But again, no one looks for gold nuggets in mineralised ground, more for roman and celtic relics in iron polluted conditions (and sometimes mineralised).

The Vaquero is a good detector, but it is way beyond the Deus, it is not the same generation.

I'll investigate on the French forums, some people like to do trips in Western Australia for gold, some may have tried the Deus.

Latest posts