Hello From the Sunshine Coast, Qld

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to one and all from the Sunshine Coast, QLD.
Hoping all a safe and well during these whacky times.

It has been passed upon me, by the minister for war and finance, to investigate the family's requirements to go hunting for nuggets of gold.
I have, to date, managed to procure:

1 x plastic panning pan
1 x steel pan (borrowed off a neighbour)
1 x sive (ditto)

The minister for war and finance then visited Youtube and watched clips of seasoned nugget hunters finding their respective treasures with the aid of 'flash' detectors.
Upon completion of watching said clips, she gave me the look.

My head is now whirling with information about detectors.

I have gathered that unless I get a MineLab 7000 I will have to settle for either building one myself (not likely) or getting a VLF.

I have read some of the debates here regarding the VLFs and if I am not mistaken, this technology was the bees knees at some point in time but has since been superceeded by PI technology.

My research is still ongoing and I think as long as I dedicate time towards this incredible field (pardon the pun), I will remain in a state of limbo with respect to which one is the best to go for.

The crux of my understanding (for now) is:

PI and big coil for deep & big nuggets.

VLF and small coil for shallow and small nuggets.

That's me in a relevant nutshell!

Cheers.
dad_jokes

"what do you get when you cross a walrus with a chihuahua?"
"a wawawa!"

:goldpan:

G'day dad jokes, that's a shocker mate :rolleyes: like all of'em but someone has to tell them I spose :) welcome to PA :Y: Sounds like the family is in for some great adventure, can't help with QLD. If you're finance is in the ball park for the SDC2300 definitely put it at the top of your list. It's the best start up gold detector on the market and if you don't continue with it you will retain the top resale value :Y: Given your location have you considered a coin and relic machine (Sunshine Coast beaches) you might even find jewellery worth more than nuggets and pck up enough spend ables to cover fuel/lunch, just a thought. Either way I'm sure you will enjoy the fun and excitement when you get a chance to get amongst it all the best :beer:

Many thanks RM,

I will put forward your suggestion about the beaches.

An SDC2300 certainly means business. Budget wise it would mean living on dodo eggs after the purchase.

Will keep my eyes on gumtree.

All the best to you and yours.

Regards,
dad_jokes
:pickshovel:

Small gold and beach check out the Equinox 800 haven't used one but many people are. Use the search icon top left and you will find hours of reading regarding pretty much any machine your interested in.

Many thanks, RM!

We're very grateful.

"knock knock"
"who's there?"
"Cows go"
"Cows go who?"
"NO... Cows go moo!"
:goldnugget:

:argh: lol, once you have 10 posts you'll be able to access the members section where you can read all the Dad Jokes. There's some shockers in there mate I can guarantee you :beer:

Just an update.

We recently went for a trip south and I went into MoTackle at Coffs Harbour.
Wow! What a store. (I'm not affiliated with them in any way)
Spoke to a fella there who was extremely generous with his time and knowledge.

Anywho, they had a nox 800 in store and I pounced at the chance.

Now I am busily trying to get as familiar as possible with noxy prior to hitting the creeks and banks.

I figure the more time i spend with it at home, the less time I will spend in a dizzy frantic state of beeps and pushing buttons, waving it about with family standing around with hands on hips, or worse still, arms folded!

I found these videos based on the Minelab Equinox 800 very informative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v3NH6mSSw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GDpDOXI2b4

Cheers!
dad_jokes

Latest posts