Minelab Explorer XS for sale .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have put my Minelab Explorer XS up for sale on E- bay . If you know any body that is looking for one . One owner from new ,me !

Mike678 said:
I have put my Minelab Explorer XS up for sale on E- bay . If you know any body that is looking for one . One owner from new ,me !

I think you've listed it incorrectly. Assuming this is yours, I found it under:
Industrial > Test, Measurement & Inspection > Levels & Surveying Equipment > Other Surveying Equipment

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Metal-D...837855?hash=item3b493d809f:g:kx8AAOSwMTZe8ARp

I believe it should be under:
Industrial > Test, Measurement & Inspection > Test Meters & Detectors > Metal Detectors

I'll bid on that.
I am looking for my first detector to start out with.

I did not notice that it is under the wrong heading . You have to check every thing twice with E-bay .

Yes , it does have a screen and digital I.D. I prefer to use the cross wire . You can use either .

I cannot change the listing , maybe because there is a bid in . If you put Minelab Explorer in search , it will come up . There is also a listing for Minelab Detectors .

Check the listing for details , it has an extra coil . I am happy to answer any questions .

1592882983_img_0277.jpg

Coins found with this detector on 2 nd June 2020 .About $4.80 . From the beach , less than 1 hour , got too dark .

Penny and 1/2 penny plus 1 and 2 cent coins .

1592889596_img_0306.jpg

A few coins that this detector has found over the years . I still have a lot of pre decimals if you want to see .

1592890567_img_0307.jpg

Some 3 - penny silver bits found by this Explorer XS metal detector .

You've got me sold on the detector now Mike. Thanks for the photos.
I already bid on it, now I need to wait. :)
Wish me luck!

Watch out for the last minute bidders . I have lost out before .

Was a flagship detector back in its day. Exceptional value for money now, youll love it...

ChrisD said:
Was a flagship detector back in its day. Exceptional value for money now, youll love it...

Thanks Chris, looking forward to starting off with this, my new hobby.

The user manual is 106 pages so you will have plenty of night time reading / study ! You can set it up so that it will only go off for 1 or 2 dollar coins.

Mike678 said:
The user manual is 106 pages so you will have plenty of night time reading / study ! You can set it up so that it will only go off for 1 or 2 dollar coins.
Sounds perfect Mike.
I'm intending to start on the beaches and parks, would this detector be suitable for gold as well? Or, would that be my next purchase?
Would you know if I need a Licence for hunting coins on the beaches and parks in QLD?
Sorry if it's a dumb question Mike, but I am a dead set newbie. :koala:

No problems , I am happy to answer all questions . My first detector was a Garrett Deep-seeker that I used on Balmoral beach before 1 and 2 dollar coins . It had 6 - 9 volt batteries , so cost a fortune to run . It was made for detecting gold .

As far as I know there is no license needed to detect on beaches in Australia . In the U.K. there is a lot more problems , read about some guys that found a lot of old treasure but they did not declare it . They are now in jail for 5 or more years .

The Explorer is not suitable for finding gold . It does not have the correct frequency for locating gold . Other people will advise you on which one to start with on this forum .

It is no longer easy to find coins on the beach as there are many people with detectors . Also people are using less coins , it is all tap and go . I was down on the beach because it had been washed away with big seas . If you see black sand , go with that as the coins are in the black sand . Black sand is a heavy mineral that they used to mine on Fraser Island .

To find gold or coins it is not easy and takes a lot of time . Concentrate on coins for the time being and look at gold later .
Look where people are sitting on the beach , that is the best place to try . People sun baking up near the dunes etc .
Go to U-tube and see how people get coins out of parks . It is not easy but that could be you best return . You need to know or think about were people would sit ,under trees etc . You have to try and out think all the other detector operators .

I appreciate your time and sharing your knowledge Mike.
I have been watching Youtube as you suggested and that's what has whet my appetite for the "hunt" I think.
This "detecting/detective" part of the hobby really appeals to me mainly to be honest. I can't wait to get started.
Thanks again mate, very much appreciated.
Barry

I was 22 , year 1966 when I came to Australia . Went and picked grapes at Mildura because it was too hot to go to Coober Pedy . 1997 . After the grapes I went to Coober Pedy by myself . Landrover and trailer with some gear . Camped in a tent on the Flat for 3 months . I was in Coober Pedy for 14 months none stop . I had had enough but I had made better than wages . Bought a better Landrover and a new caravan . I have since spent a lot other time opal mining , years . It is the chase , not the reward , if you can beat mother nature . I did sell an opal from my lease in N.W. Q'land for AUD$25,000 one stone to U.S.A. but I still finished up with a loss . I have no regrets . Lot of very hard work , especially in Adamooka .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts