Easy arm

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has tried one of these before?.
Very interested to hear any first hand reports on them, they look interesting and state that they reduce arm fatigue. So if anyone has used one or seen first hand one in use Id love to hear there thoughts.
Cheers

1592563732_d14d234e-5fbd-4a52-ab9e-8b244f834f34.jpg

Hello All,

Personally, I do not 'carry' the weight of my detector.

Everything is supported with my bungee cord, hence my torso supports everything. I can let go of my detector and it stays relatively in place and coil aligned.

I use the quick track handle and an opposite side arm to steer my coil sweep without any weight or tension on my forearms or my hands.

If you can imagine it - I only push either left or right easily with the webbing between either thumb and forefinger.

I haven't used one of these items personally but I dont see the need for it. My impression is that of 'cumbersome and restrictive and potentially creating reliance on physical manipulative hand strength'.

I think the desire to have one of these indicates an over reliance to carry your detector in one hand.

I doubt a bungee cord would weigh, nor cost as much.

I do suppose some may have a physical condition that this product may assist with but it is not for me.

Addendum: I only use ML GPX detector system as indicated in the promo picture and no other system.

Good Luck
stevewilko

Fits on the GPZ 7000 as well. A friend has one but stopped using it, don't know why. I would hate it because when I want to put the detector down, I want to do it there and then not have to take more effort than normal.

Easier to just drink more beer and build up arm muscles.

Going by the photo it must be Quasimoto holding the detector.

Cheers

Doug

I bought one of these, delivered today, so only mucked around with it for a little bit....1st impression?
Not good....

I think the mob that sell those sell a harness also like a backward hipstick , gereral Hercules made his version with some retic pipe great vid if you can find it

Last edited:
its really not an issue, the bungy hooked onto my backpack is fine anyway. Just thought I would give one of these gadgets a go, and see what I think. One bloke reckons it makes his zed feel like a 6K, for me it seems a bit awkward, when I move from close to me to outstretched, the arm guard moves a bit, and needs to be adjusted again, that would piss me off several hundred times a day.....it definitely does not perform a weight miracle for me, maybe a little, but not as significant as the price tag suggests. Back to the bungy for me I reckon.

Latest posts