Any other ladies from Cairns?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Are there any Cairns locals on here? :D

I've just bought a Garrett Ace 200i and wanted to ask where the best place to go as a beginner?

Wanting to search for gold, old coins and relics.

Been doing some research about the tablelands but would love some advice from someone who know the area :)

Thanks

G'day GD1987 welcome to PA, yes there are quite a few Cairns locals who meet up from time to time. I can't help I'm in Vic. Use the search icon top left and Cairns as your search word, you will have a lot of threads pop up to keep you informed.

Best of luck with your search and adventures :beer:

I remember swimming in the river just in from cairns as an 18 year old... and we camped just back from the bank there over night too.
Didn't even realise there were crocks up there lol. Anyway to make a point, there's probly not gunna be too many targets close to the waters edge from Pioneer campers because of the crocks. :D

Hi .Im looking for someone to go detecting with in the cairns area .let me know if interested .Thanks Adam

I just spent 3 weeks up in Cairns, detected most beaches along the Whitsundays and around Cairns. I didn't do many rivers as the thought of crocs was always on my mind, I'm used to sharks not crocs the sneaky buggers. There isn't alot in the way of gold unless you strike it lucky, have a decent gold machine or getting a permission to an area. You never know unless you give it a go though. Relics though you might have a better chance, do a little research on where they had mass gatherings back in the day. There are a heap of detectorists along the east coast but Goodluck. Racecourses, town hall meetings n such are always a good place to start. There's always the chance of finding something someone has missed ?. Think the best find I had up that way is a nice old looking silver ring with a fat Ruby or garnet set in it, i need to get the stone tested to know for sure, that and a single sixpence. Go hunting any park you come across.

You could always Google the golden spur mine (I think that's what it's called.

Latest posts