Rocketaroo Nox hunt finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Over a year since my last hunt, and that was with my Deus, which silly me sold because I hadnt used it in ages. Thought I had given the hobby away actually. Anyhoo this is 2020 and I bought a Nox 800, today was my first hunt. It seems to run like a Deus, and after 2hrs on it I think it's pretty good. I couldnt find a silver, maybe I walked over them though. Ran Park mode 2, and didnt change any settings. Some of those pennies were deep!
1591324809_received_2626026301004788.jpg

1591324843_received_293954294974116.jpg

Welcome back to the addiction Rocketaroo.You are off to a great start there,pre decimals and enough change for a coffee. :Y:

Nice first Nox hunt mate. I never really use the number 2 settings on any of the different modes, will have to give them a go. Only things I've really changed is running the FE 2 bias since updating, set the recovery speed to six and dropped the second tone break down to 19 as I run mine on 5 tone.

Anyway, good to you back into it.

Heatho said:
Nice first Nox hunt mate. I never really use the number 2 settings on any of the different modes, will have to give them a go. Only things I've really changed is running the FE 2 bias since updating, set the recovery speed to six and dropped the second tone break down to 19 as I run mine on 5 tone.

Anyway, good to you back into it.

Wonder if mine needs updating. I ran park 2 first by mistake, so later tried park 1, and I didnt like it as much. I am a noob on it of course.

You'll master it in no time mate.

Yeah not sure if yours will need to be updated. Easy to do though, just download the update tool and run it and it should let you know if it's the latest firmware.

I was sort of the opposite, have tried park 2 but didn't like it and just kept using park 1. I think maybe park 2 would run a bit more like the Deus, so maybe that's why it felt right straight up for you.

Heatho said:
You'll master it in no time mate.

Yeah not sure if yours will need to be updated. Easy to do though, just download the update tool and run it and it should let you know if it's the latest firmware.

I was sort of the opposite, have tried park 2 but didn't like it and just kept using park 1. I think maybe park 2 would run a bit more like the Deus, so maybe that's why it felt right straight up for you.

No doubt, it felt familar.

Well done mate, so do you think the Deus missed those targets or do you think you missed them? Always interesting when you hit spots you've done many times with a different detector. When I bought the Nox I went straight to the nastiest trashy spots where the CTX struggled and was pleasantly surprised. Though the Deus was always better among the severe trash than the CTX. Just interested to see how you'd compare the Nox with the Deus in severe trash areas.

Heatho said:
Well done mate, so do you think the Deus missed those targets or do you think you missed them? Always interesting when you hit spots you've done many times with a different detector. When I bought the Nox I went straight to the nastiest trashy spots where the CTX struggled and was pleasantly surprised. Though the Deus was always better among the severe trash than the CTX. Just interested to see how you'd compare the Nox with the Deus in severe trash areas.

I'll second that. Tbh I was surprised and I'm glad you've asked the question Heatho, although some time has passed between hunts.

@Heatho I reckon the Deus misses nothing. I couldave got a used Deus, but I want to do more on the beach. I hunted another site today, that I had done many times, and with Rod as well. Got a few, but they were easy hits. So I cant say just yet! Button is aluminium.
1591595975_received_559505008074676.jpg

Latest posts