Another newbie to add to the list!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks,
Just a quick hello, what im interested in and what im doing.

I have been interested in old mines for quite a while and have just started dabbling in the panning world and have found a couple of specs so far.
I have been in 1 abandoned mine thats here in melbourne's north east with plans to have a look at another close by that i know the vague location of.
I have not been able to find alot of information reguarding either of those mines unfortunately as i would like to know more about the history of them and depths, when they were open ect, so if anyone can help me with finding abit more info on those 2 mines that would be awesome send me a message.
Other than that i have been in a few tour mines while traveling overseas aswel..
Hopfully i will stumble across some more mines i can explore and learn about whilst im out on the pans..

As for dabbling in panning i have literally been out twice with a mate and find it good fun (despite the sore back the next day) still learning alot but have managed to get 3 specs in my little jar so far, hopfully will add more to it as time goes by..
Anyway im looking forward to chstting with some of you!
Cheers for you time.

Welcome to the PA Forum Rishey89. This is a great hobby as it gets you out in the great outdoors. I do both metal detecting and panning and there is still plenty of gold out there to be found. I don't know much about mines (although I have done a bit of caving in my younger days) but a good resource for panning tips is the PA Forum and Youtube. I have found both to be extremely helpful.

All the best and don't forget to have fun.

Happy Prospecting :D

B n B

Latest posts