Do some satellites blink?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

A question for the star gazers,I was walking the pooches tonight and decided to take a breather and gazed skyward.
There was no moon yet,so no light pollution.
I spotted a very small ?satellite and about every 10 seconds would do a double blink/flash,it was travelling from south to north.
Then I spotted another satellite travelling west to east that was not flashing[the common type]
So the question is do some satellite blink [no alcohol consumed]yet :D

aussiefarmer said:
Maybe an astronaut was cleaning it , momentarily blocking the light.

Yes, it could well be that he was polishing his rocket. Like that story about the crow in a gum tree going Black, Red, Black, Red

One things certain Greyhound. If you were looking for a sensible answer mate, you're definitely in the wrong bloody forum :lol:

Tote said:
I have seen a satellite do a 90 degree turn, not sure they are supposed to do that........

Regards,
Tote

They're the ones that want to stick a probe in your butt and use you for their cross-species breeding program. I've been trying to get them to pick me up for years! :mad:

Many satellites do not have a constant brightness, they give off flashes at (usually) regular times. This flashing behavior is caused by the rotation of the satellite around its rotation axis. The satellite's metallic surfaces act as mirrors for the sun (specular reflection).

I asked Mr Google :lol:

That's enough for me folks, I'm off to bed. All this talk about groping around in a zero gravity environment, covered in lube while some Green leggy insect like alien woman in a gimp suit goes to work on me with a whole plethora of crazy stainless steel instruments has got me all worked up. Why did you ever start this thread greyhound, you sick, sick, man!

Night all :zzz:

Thanks for all those very professional answers fellas,I enjoyed them :lol: :lol:
I reckon any type of probe would make me blink/wink ;)

Latest posts