Whats New In 2020 From Minelab

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

G'day

I have been hearing rumors about the release of a new Minelab pi detector this year, so far no new information has come to light about it and being the way things have been going with the covit virus and all I am thinking that maybe release plans have been shelved for the time being, as the release date was said to be in May this year? anyway just wondered what others were thinking in the way of what sort of detector would you most want to come out?

For me it would be the internals of the SDC2300, wrapped in a lightweight ergonomic set up like the new Whites TDi SL, internal Li-Ion rechargeable battery, and with the ability to easily interchange coils in the usual way, and also some other coils available to suit like maybe an 11" round coil and a 12"x 6" elliptical coil. :perfect:

cheers

stayyerAU

Have heard rumours also, let's hope there is a new one out soon, i want a PI that has the depth on large deep gold similar to the SD series, but then i also want in this machine the capability to detect very small and specimen gold at great depth much like the 7, and of course an internal rechargeable battery and at a price point of max =< 6k. Not too much to ask? :cool:

I meant to say i would like to see a new PI that can detect at least 20-25% more than the SD series, not the same Duhh!, i know technically it's a real challenge to do that, so we can only hope?
It's quite possible that if there is a new machine out this year, it could quite possibly be a VLF, which for me has no interest whatsoever.