GPZ7000 Ground Noise In The Wet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just purchased a new 7000 and have been playing with it the last two weeks. What I have found today is that it reacts quite bad with false signals on wet ground, red clay types of areas. Just wondering what I can do to try and combat this issue? Im pretty much running factory settings.

Yep mate, I've found the same. Once I dig a bit of clay out, I test both the hole & the spoil. If I'm getting the same signal from both, I fill the hole in & move on.

don't worry it's that time of the year in vic, gpx 5000 does the same.
brilliant signals, a couple of whacks with the pick, a quick balance and it virtually gone :awful:

Yeah its a frustrating situation, so many great sounding signals that turn out to be ground noise. Thought I may be doing something wrong with the ground balance.

Also reacts badly to charcoal.It sounds like a solid deep target. Gets me every time! wiley

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I just posted the same question in a couple of fb groups. It's that wet, red clay! Everything sounds like a target!

G'day Foal,

Yep definitely a common issue with the Zed's. Had this exact problem in the wet -and by wet I mean saturated with water flowing through the diggings- a couple years back for weeks on end. After trying several suggestions and ground/timing combo's from the well versed members here, I found that by slightly lowering the sensitivity (to 6 or 7 if memory serves?) and slow the swing speed WAY down to just let the tracking do the work as best it can gave me enough leeway to keep detecting.

It can certainly be very frustrating to deal with the wet ground, but give it a try and see how you get on if you can't get a quick solution.

All the best,
Shauno.

Latest posts