Builds By Baz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are one talented mofo baz

Also, if I had guns like that I would be rocking sleeveless shirts year round :power:
1590224989_8jsxm4t.jpg

OWCOW! :D

Now that the Viper is happily protected in it's new hangar, it's time to clean up, realign the modules, get the wheel carts out from under it and give it all a good once over.

There's quite a bit of warping from being left in the weather. The tarpaulins only did so much and it's very good they were there. Most of it is fine, but pretty dirty. Cobwebs, dirt, dust and wasp nests inside the cockpit. The plywood cladding on the legs is totally destroyed by the weather, peeling and rotting. Easily fixed and I was going to change them for steel cladding anyway. If anything, the rotting wood is easier to remove now.

It was tricky levering the weight of the viper up high enough to remove the trolleys, but I got it down nice and gentle.

The electrics seem mostly intact and after a quick start-up, all works well except for a couple of twitchy lights which are easy enough to rectify.

I've given the cockpit a thorough brush, vacuum and wash down and it's looking good. Time to start building!

Baz.

XuAe1Hh.jpg

Jhdm3IR.jpg

v170Y5Q.jpg

hsHXfga.jpg

US53etP.jpg

lgCSyQq.jpg

What are you using for the viper electronics in cabin mate.? The HUD and such...

Cheers

Keitzy said:
What are you using for the viper electronics in cabin mate.? The HUD and such...

Cheers

I was just looking at the control panel myself thinking if I had any instrumentation or gauges that might match the architectural genre . Lol

Do you need an aviation compass ?

I dont have one atm but I do come across them every now and then.

It looks like you have 4-5 other aeronautical panel mount instruments.

CreviceSucker said:
Keitzy said:

Cheers

I was just looking at the control panel myself thinking if I had any instrumentation or gauges that might match the architectural genre . Lol

Do you need an aviation compass ?

I dont have one atm but I do come across them every now and then.

It looks like you have 4-5 other aeronautical panel mount instruments.

Thanks mate, but I got them all. I was helped by aviators all across the world, to identify and procure the instruments used in the show.

You can read the epic story here. https://www.buildsbybaz.com/viper-mk-ii-cockpit-reference-pictures/

Thank you for the offer mate. Very kind.

Baz.

Just finished building a much larger forge. High time too!

It is now plenty long enough for the Baz Crack Scratchers! Wide enough now that I'm not limited to just knives. I can now put bigger things in there, like axe heads and other bulky steel to be forged. Dual burners with adjustable fuel/air mix for a fully controllable temperature and atmospheric environment.

The ends get closed off as needed with fire bricks. In my experience it is the most simple and allows for maximum flexibility. I can pass long objects through if needed, or work from both ends if there are two people using it at once. I will also lay some fire tiles in the bottom to give me a flat surface to put things on and protect the lining from rough objects and borax, which eats everything.

I've got some ideas for blinging it up for fun later, but for now, it is practical and useful.

hBJF0oX.jpg

eEJeVk4.jpg

LOPpqkB.jpg

udMNdqv.jpg

iMBC5sb.jpg

ZyWCTaL.jpg

brnqc8l.jpg

z0eikaH.jpg

Huey, Dewey or Louie ?

Sandbagger said:
OzzieAu said:
The gizmo/apparatus in post #115 of the isolation projects thread would qualify as different ..... how about starting off with a description of that.
I refer to pics 10 & 11

Cheers guys and thanks. I'll post up as work progresses on projects. I will be continuing on with the Viper very soon, so that will likely dominate for a while, with the occasional small project to break it up a bit.

That isolation project you refer to, is a scratchbuilt, freestyle mech that I threw together out fo workshop scraps and offcuts. It just sort of evolves as I found bits of metal, wood and plastic that looked like they might be cool. A bit of paint brought it all together and I'm working on a diorama to go with it to give it scale. I would like to think that two people could sit side by side in the turret to pilot it. (for scale).

Latest posts