Builds By Baz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Would it be OK to put a thread here in general chat, covering some of the, "different" projects I get up to? I don't want to monopolise the, "Today I made" thread. There's too much other great stuff going on there.

My main aim is to encourage and inspire others to have a go and stretch their abilities and horizons. Like prospecting, I find it very therapeutic and extremely fulfilling.

Becoming a contributor to the world and producing all kinds of things instead of just being a consumer is a feeling that gives one so much feeling of worth, especially for those like myself that do suffer from depression.

Baz.

Opened this up looking for another inspiring build, zilch, absolute nada! 8.(

No probs Baz bring them on, always love your builds.

The gizmo/apparatus in post #115 of the isolation projects thread would qualify as different ..... how about starting off with a description of that.
I refer to pics 10 & 11

OzzieAu said:
The gizmo/apparatus in post #115 of the isolation projects thread would qualify as different ..... how about starting off with a description of that.
I refer to pics 10 & 11

Cheers guys and thanks. I'll post up as work progresses on projects. I will be continuing on with the Viper very soon, so that will likely dominate for a while, with the occasional small project to break it up a bit.

That isolation project you refer to, is a scratchbuilt, freestyle mech that I threw together out fo workshop scraps and offcuts. It just sort of evolves as I found bits of metal, wood and plastic that looked like they might be cool. A bit of paint brought it all together and I'm working on a diorama to go with it to give it scale. I would like to think that two people could sit side by side in the turret to pilot it. (for scale).

ZSOUaAz.jpg

0cew0PI.jpg

Q3ojFmY.jpg

sx9UPLR.jpg

The Iron Man suit, made of steel. Took me three years, plus a few years of developing in paper, cardboard and fibreglass before moving on to steel.

I take it into kids hospitals from time to time and raise money for Starlight Foundation for sick children and other kids charities.

JwXjx0f.jpg

IvduVUR.jpg

ezQBG6n.jpg

WW09LTE.jpg

Hyuo5ec.jpg

1k62MR7.jpg

Scvd1Xq.jpg

JwGpelf.jpg

PjCsE8d.jpg

mGDnUHR.jpg

931IyIr.jpg

TEnf48T.jpg

VIPER IS IN IT'S HANGAR!!! Thanks to my mates Alex , David, Garry, Joe and Patrick, for the muscle!

Now is to the opportunity to remove the rotting plywood from the landing gear and replace it with steel cladding, while also installing axles at the base of each foot for built in wheels. Can't wait!

There are some repairs to do to the polystyrene, which has been damaged in the constant moving over the last year or two, but this is minor. I will reinforce, solidify, seal and fix gaps, get the canopy frame welded up and polycarbonate windshields cut and fitted. The electrics in the cockpit need tidying up and fixing. Sound systems for the engines can now be brought in and experimented with, then fitted. Wings still to be framed and fitted, followed by the cannons, complete with 15 rounds of 30mm link each wing.

Avionics and engine access panels will be back in tomorrow and the whole ship given a clean, de-cobweb and remove a couple of wasp nests.

Full build on http://www.buildsbybaz.com

Cheers!

Baz.

bnldZut.jpg

zdWln5u.jpg

Zkbu1kj.jpg

WKzxLww.jpg

sLPdqxh.jpg

otXfR7U.jpg

3esrX84.jpg

yJ9gA0o.jpg

JFwDe2k.jpg