14x9 Coiltek Extreme On My SDC2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muk

Reaction score
Gday

Had my first try with the 14x9 on my SDC picked up 13bits all sub gram but I was impressed some shallow others deeper one bit the hole was deeper than the coil is wide so 9 plus inches also found tiny metal shards so still very sensitive nuggets have come out of a acid bath cheers Muk.
1589672685_251e3922-b36c-4873-bf37-0ad47169ff26.jpg

Thanks for posting Muk.

Very little info on the forum regarding these relatively new coils.

Les Gold posted a good vid but I would have thought there would be a lot more discussion on them. I have been thinking of getting one/ or both for my SDC but as there doesn't seem to be many singing their praises I have been reluctant to spend the dollars. I am thinking that those that have them either are keeping quiet and or dont particularily think there any better than the original.

It appears that you are a fan.

Cheers
Bob

Muk
So I am guessing you would recommend this coil for the Nth West ????

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Hi Muk

How do you find the difference in weight from t hhe standard coil?.

I note that you can currently get 20% off on these coils so am anxious to get more info to make a decision wether to get one or not.

Cheers
Bob

Gday I certainly would recommend them the 14x9swings very nice heaps more ground coverage not to much more weight detector doesnt fall over when you put it down still very sensitive on small bits and I do believe it will be better with deeper bits my son uses a 7000 he got a signal and called me over to see if I could get it came over and certain clear signal with the sdc we dug it and it was a 1.3gram bit at 8plus inches Im not saying stock coil would not of herd it probably would but I am very pleased with this new coil and am thinking I might also get the 10x5 as well for very thick vegetated areas I think it would be good for poking into tight spots I dont think it will be comming off the sdc for quite some time and yes Nanjim Im in east Pilbara. I dont believe Ive lost much sensitivity at all from the stock coil some of the other things Ive found still make me wonder how I to was hesatent on the coil but sold some gold to fund it and believe it wont take long to find that amount in gold with the coil. Cheers Muk.

Muk,
Thanks for the reply/report on the coil
I may look into getting one
Tho it may be some time before
I get to travel north again

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Yes thanks for your input Muk, just ordered a 14x9 as they are currently on sale at 20% off so the way I look at it I am infront already ?.

I will let you know how I go when I finally get it and test it out.

Cheers
Bob

No worries Bob Im sure you will like it hope you ordered the adapter kit as well as you will need that when fitting your coil I watched the rick fishers video on you tube and just stopped it at each section made it very easy also the locking plate supplied was a bit hard to fit so I just put a slight bevel on it with a file got that from another review I read somewhere you may not have to do it but I did cheers Muk.

Awesome. Heard nothing but good of that COILTEK SDC set up.

Gday all had a good trip out today in the end didnt start to well 3.5 hrs with one signal a big bullet at around )inches screamed was nearly blanking from the top with 14x9 on sdc then got a call from my son on the radio he finally got a bit not far from the car headed back to see him and Another hour with nothing between us went and had a drink break said we will have another little go then try somewhere else he walked 20 Mtrs bang 1.5 grammer then me bang .6 clear signal at 9plus inches as hole was deeper than width of coil 2mtrs later another only .2 at around 3inches then my son bang bang bang 3in a row all within 100 mtrs of the car it was in some shitty looking ground you wouldnt think was good all in a spot that has been smashed by us and heaps of locals quad bike tracks and footprints everywhere I also found a boot tack at around 3inches with the 14x9 great signal so shows its still very sensitive I also picked up a quartz crystal by the looks with some sort of insect inside of it photo doesnt do it justice cheers Muk.
1590226481_e3586920-3905-4840-9039-e1084411fe66.jpg

1590226481_b3258672-86cc-451d-b2a8-bdf724cda5b2.jpg

1590226481_b4cca3bc-c3ae-4f87-ba67-8c0456cab085.jpg

Thanks it is performing well and I now have the 11inch round as well thanks to my son it will be interesting to see how they compare to each other Ive also made a test patch to do that cheers Muk.
1590354415_1a989e6b-ed63-4c23-aeb0-cfd354e68141.jpg

Hi Muk,

Good to see you putting that 14x9 to effective use. Works well on the larger pieces. I think youll enjoy the 10x5 for picking up the scraps.

Hi Muk,

Liked the bigger coil for covering more ground and shape as I feel it is quite sensitive toward the front which is good for poking under logs etc. Love the extra shaft length as I am about 6ft 2in however I might have to get a harness as age and arthritis is catching up fast, 6 hours and I am done.

After one go I am pretty sure the coil will stay on even without it finding any gold on first attempt. Its been a long while since I have come home empty handed and with a 300klm round trip it better be the last. Lol

And to Lesgold I only wish to walk over one of those larger pieces as I am yet to join the Gram club although I have about 15 grams. Thats a lot of little scraps? I hope to get up your way again but could you clear those Death Adders out first? still have vivid memories of pushing the coil up into that one?

Cheers
Bob

Gday Bob. The death adders, ticks and leaches all fried in the fires lol. It would be a nice time of year to be out playing in the scrub.

Gday Bob and lesgold I do like the 14x9 and it still picks up tiny bits I also have the 11inch round now thanks to my son but I havent used it yet it will be interesting to see how they compare and yes Lesgold I am also thinking about the 10x5 for the vegetated spotsalso the stock coil is excellent sorry you did not get a bit on your trip Bob but you know you cant find it if you dont put the coil over it Ive been to plenty of spots Ive got gold before and end up with nothing and then go back another time and pick some up in spots Im sure Ive been over still amazes me all the best cheers Muk.