Loose shaft on 7000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a quick fix for a loose middle shaft which tilts the coil to the left or right when detecting? It's only about a 20mm tilt but It makes it hard to keep the coil level with the ground.

Only about 20mm :8 that's a serious wobble is it 10mm both ways making up the 20 or 20 for a total of 40. I don't have the problem and never heard of it, are you using X coils and if so is it related to the process of changing coils. I'm keen to hear the result of the cause.

Edit: Can you see any fracture in the shaft.

R.M. It's a 10mm tilt either way. doesn't sound much, but it tilts the coil by about 60mm. which is a huge amount when detecting. It's the same with the Minelab and X coils. It seems there is wear? between the middle shaft and the control box shaft. I'll dismantle it all shortly to check it out. It might need a couple of shims on the shaft that slots into the control box. There's no fracture in the visible part of the shaft, and it feels firm. So much for the easy fix I was hoping for. It's got to be fixed, as stopping all the time to right it affects my detecting rhythm.

Latest posts