Faceting design wanted

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for a specific faceting design. In explanation, a very close family member suffered Leukemia some years ago - the treatment was so severe we got called 3 times to say last goodbyes but she fought through - during her worst moments of chemo one of the nurses gave her a toy elephant and from then on elephants became her good luck symbol - everywhere we go, if there is an elephant statue or token we get it for her - just today she has been told she now has breast cancer and will have to go through both radiation and extreme chemo treatment, probably as bad as what she last went through - here is where I come in - I would like to cut her a special stone to help her through so if anyone has a design which holds an Elephant (similar to the Spider design)I would be most appreciative TIA - I understand both crystal and amethyst are both considered 'healing' stones so I will probably be looking to cut from that type of rough.

Sorry, no elephant design in my archives, but there is a ...Moth ...... sounds like you are at her side already, but perhaps a moth design will mean you can be there 24/7
1589528610_18c2cf45-d1c8-4d96-a698-0638c4e40c0e.jpg

Thanks but unfortunately the Elephant would be the only design to hold any significance but I appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks Dihusky - yes it was, after speaking with Peter (Halls) we have eliminated a few of the possibilities down to a quill problem but taking my machine to a Club member (who is near as good as Horst) on Wednesday to sort it out - I'll let you know what develops.

Put the leg that was centre back on mine back to its original position and it made the transfer compensation worse! More investigating once I've finished the current stone. Playing with the idea of making a new platform based on the Gummasta et al style to get rid of the offset, swinging mast system.

Thanks Dihusky - I've had the plastic 'O' rings governing the Master Lap replaced with 12mm nuts, as you said they compact after time and throw the settings out, in my case, it threw the alignment of the Master Lap out about 1 - 2 mm. With the support legs I maintain my 2000 in the one position on a purpose built bench and don't seem to have any problems there. Started to think it was a technique bad habit I had developed but couldn't identify (bit like my golf) but I have cut stones on the commonly used machines at the Club without the same drama's.Will be investigating all probabilities with a tool-maker who repairs machines (experienced cutter and master technician) in the next day or so - I'll let you know how I get on. Interesting though, I spoke with Peter (Halls) and he said, if he had his choice he would prefer to make the 2000 over the newer models - claimed they were far better but unfortunately the manufacturing cost of them is prohibitive in a competitive market.

Latest posts