New Bush BBQ Stand

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought 2 Heavy Duty Folding Campfire Grill / Stands, The smaller one was about 40 bucks and the large was about 60 bucks,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074N1W4G8?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image

1587654236_bbq_1.jpg

1587654286_bbq_3.jpg

1587654356_bbq_2.jpg

Yeah funny that, I only eat breakfast when I'm Camping, Everything tastes better when cooked outdoors,

A while back a local store was selling Cast Iron Double sided BBQ Plates so I bought 3 or 4 different sizes of them and I just or should I say Ordered some Iron Cookware which should be here next week fingers crossed,

I like how it folds up flat because I only have a limited amount of room and it is light enough to take anywhere, :Y:

mmmm Bush Cooking :perfect: :beer: :Y:

condor22 said:
Now all you need to do is find some bush in England.

Perhaps the beach at Skeggy, lol.

yeah it could be a problem,

Back a few years ago I travelled the country and lived in a vehicle for about 6 months and I kept a log of all the places I could stay,

Over here there is a thing called the Caravan and Camping Club and they have over 10,000 Camp Sites listed, It costs about $100 per year to join but you do get access to some really good camp sites in the UK and across Europe.

I prefer camping out in the sticks but in a clinch places like these two below would do if I want to rough it, LOL.

Like these two,

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-sites/scotland/highlands/bunree-caravan-club-site/

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-sites/scotland/highlands/morvich-caravan-club-site/

My 9.3L Dutch Oven just turned, It weighs a ton, heaven knows what its going to weigh when it's full up, :eek: :( :(

1587732200_9.3l_dutch_oven.jpg

Sandta said:
Your gonna need a bigger van ;)

Funny you should say that because I am thinking of getting one of those teardrop Camper trailers,

The Van is cool because it has a camp kitchen in it and a Table and seats plus a Double bed that is 220cms long and I can fit 2 fridges and the Gas Oven in there plus my 2 Lithium battery packs, Or I can fold it all away and still seat 5 people. :Y:

J.

Jaros said:
I wonder what the GVM of the complete camper will be after you load it with all the food and the cookware?? :(

Well it weighed 1507kg kerb weight and I removed the 3rd row of seats which dropped it down to 1445kgs and it can gross 2320kgs So it can carry 875kgs and it can Tow 1200kgs and has a 2761 Ltr load space, which is not bad for a 1.5L 4 cylinder,

I thought it was quite slow at first when I first got it but once you get over 100kph it starts to wake up and up around 115ks it really want to party, I was doing about 67mph.110kph behind a Semi and I panted my foot and within seconds I was doing 88mph / 142kph as I got past him and that was with all my gear in it and I was still getting 4.4L / 100ks, It's a little Rocket when you squash the Noisy Peddle, :lol: :lol: :lol:

It looks good bit of kit that is for sure ..

I all most bought a teardrop but the caravan came up for a nice price at the time

Goody

goody2shoes said:
It looks good bit of kit that is for sure ..

I all most bought a teardrop but the caravan came up for a nice price at the time

Goody

Well I can buy a new Teardrop for about $3000.00 AUD which is a lot cheaper than I paid for the camper conversion,

The Camper conversion came with thermal Blackout blinds and 240v hook up and a Small Lithium power unit to run lighting and charge USB gadgets and that also has a small Solar panel as well, And it came with a 12v/240v Thermo Cooler and a Single burner stove,

I can set it up so the double bed is laid out or I can use one side of the bed and also set up the Table and seats if I want, Or I can set up the table and the Bed as well as the Single Seat in the second row seats, Or I can fold it all away in under 3 minutes and have access to all of the 5 remaining factory seats, Without the Camper set up in there I have well over 1.3 meters of Boot space, and there are about 8 Cup holders in the vehicle and on the back of the front seats there are 2 fold up Tables and an over head Locker in the front Cab,

It has a 5 Star End Cap Rating and it has some clever stuff going on including LIDAR and it has a Handling control set up/ Module that helps the Stability Control, I had to swerve because a Big Van tried to run me in to the centre reservation and I was doing about 120ks at the time and I really swung on the steering wheel and the Stability Control took over and it was incredible how it kept everything under control as if nothing happened, And it will Apply the brakes if it senses a vehicle in front that is too close,, It has so many bells and whistles I am still finding new things on it even after owning it for over 3 months,

Rockhunter62 said:
You might have to upgrade to one of these.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...3_screenshot_20200425-072625_copy_800x501.jpg

Enough room for all the fridges, camping gear, compressors, tyre gauges, thermosses, winches, solar panels and batteries. No need for a GVM upgrade then. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Nice,, I nearly bought a 3 Axled one but you can't get those big ones in to ALDI's Car Park through the barriers, And it would not make it round the corners where I live, 8.( 8.( 8.( :N: :N:

Another thing I noticed about my Van is there are tiny wires in the front windscreen that defrost the windscreen when it's Icey or Snowing and all the rear windows are heated as well as the mirrors

But my most favourite thing about it apart from the fuel economy is that all the 12v Sockets are Live even when the Key is turned off which means the fridges have power 24/7 :Y:

Ridge Runner said:
Another thing I noticed about my Van is there are tiny wires in the front windscreen that defrost the windscreen when it's Icey or Snowing and all the rear windows are heated as well as the mirrors

But my most favourite thing about it apart from the fuel economy is that all the 12v Sockets are Live even when the Key is turned off which means the fridges have power 24/7 :Y:

Sounding better with every new post RR :perfect: keep searching mate I'm sure there's more, just has to be :)

Latest posts