Tilley Lantern 1940's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tathradj said:
In my lantern above, Spare kit has 5 of them.

Pressure pump lower valve is gummed up though.
Now soaking. :)
Also has the tool in it if needed.
Is still in it's original box.
Pressure pump missing it's knob.
Better get another one. :Y:

Well if I can help just let me know, Yeah :Y:

1587961252_img_0247.jpg

I have just bought this to day , never used Coleman model 226 duel fuel . I saw it on Facebook closing down sale , not far away .
Paid AUD$ 15 a bargain ! It will light and heat a small caravan if you are out in the bush in winter time . I have some Shellite so I will fire it up .

Mike678 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/16778/1587961252_img_0247.jpg

I have just bought this to day , never used Coleman model 226 duel fuel . I saw it on Facebook closing down sale , not far away .
Paid AUD$ 15 a bargain ! It will light and heat a small caravan if you are out in the bush in winter time . I have some Shellite so I will fire it up .

Just don't tip it over and cause a spill in the van :argh: won't be a happy memory. We've always hung them up on a bent piece of fencing wire with the tail (hook) long enough to prevent it from getting knocked off limiting the chance of a fire. If they get knocked over while a light it can turn nasty very quickly.

We had two Tilley lamps too when I was a kid. Dad always had one on the dining table where he sat with the news paper and Mum had the other in the kitchen for cooking. We had ordinary wick lamps in the bedrooms. We got electricity in 1960 and the Tilley lamps only got used on fishing trips to Hope Island after that. Somewhere amongst my junk I'm pretty sure I have a few mantles. Last time I saw them I had both single tie (same as our lamps) and double tie ones. They would be in Capel somewhere but next time I'm down I'll have a little dig around. They are no good to me now although I did buy a Coleman petrol lamp about ten years back. We tend to use electric lamps for everything now.

I agree , solar power is the way to go , but a Tilley or Coleman will pack out some heat at the same time .

I did have a caravan a few years ago and the extinguisher was bolted in the middle of the van . I did not like that idea and moved it close to the door .

1588483772_img_0265.jpg

Bought this from Barbeques Galore , last week . $8.75 . Looks perfect for lighting lanterns , well made and can be refilled .

Hi mate Tuckeys sports in mandurah have them double tie mantles also ranger sports in cannington as well hope this helps, growing up in mandurah we used tilleys for prawning and crabbing etc, when me dad passed away 5 years ago my brothers and i threw his old tolleys on the tip, i was not aware they were worth any thing as we use solar when prospecting etc :playful:

Latest posts