Deteknix / Quest Wirefree - wireless headphones and tx/rx set ups

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leroy said:
Nightjar, just read your post to Jin and myself re. Easy swinging, I have followed your suggestions, and as I mentioned to another member this morning, detector looks and feels like a new machine, Thankyou.

Hi Leroy,
I failed to mention previously, position the clamp that the bungee is fixed to on the shaft at a point that when you pick up the detector by the bungee cord alone the machine should balance with the coil hovering just above ground and the shaft at the same angle as when you are connected and swinging.
In other words if you had someone else holding your machine by the bungee and you walked up to it and slipped your arm into the arm rest and grabbed the handle, it would be in a perfect position for you to walk off swinging.

Happy that the initial trial has given you an improvement. :)

Nightjar, I take it your last also includes the weight of any coil plus any extra items attached to the control box, ie. The small battery?

Re a Wireless setup on a 2300 running a DETacc Amp and loudspeaker. My SWMBO uses the GP Harness ( new GPX Harness not used/wanted)with the 45Harness Load spreader (plastic load spreader on the 7000harness)and Double D Bungee cord, the amp is tucked into the 2300 cover and the speaker is either clamped onto the cover or when windy onto the load spreader which causes problems ie needs to be unclipped when finding/digging a signal.

So a wireless speaker set up aka my 7000 set up would be great.

Would the wireless sender unit plugged into the Amp output send an overloaded signal to the wireless receiver/loudspeaker?

Thanks

Peter

XIV said:
Jin said:
kemjak57 said:
Hey Jin, what is the battery you have set up on your detector? Rick

Battery is a FLOUREON 2S2P 8000mAh 7.4V 40C LiPo Battery Deans Plug

Costs about $45
whats the battery life on one of those, while out in the field?

Hi XIV,

Just got back from a small trip and used it for 2 hrs, then used it the next day for 6hrs. Just checked it now, one day later and the readout says 7.6v. Not sure at what point the gpx shuts down but thought it would be close to that. Apparently, these batteries aren't the best ones (get what you pay for) Others have stated better brands ($100 - $120) last 10 hrs before recharging.

Few questions

I am going to get detecnix set up, but which one.

1. The headphones. They are 30 ohms wireless. Will they pick up the soft "just" signals as wellnas or better than than the Koss phones, @100ohms?

2. Is the option Seder/ receiver a better option with my own head phones, SS 300,s @ 200 ohms? The SS pick up signals much better than the loss phones.

3. If I got the DX wireless phones, would a booster help lift the signals?

They will be mostly for a QED. But still be able to be used on the GPX with a proper adaptor.

My gut is telling me to just get the sender/ receiver.

Help Nenad!

I haven't used the SS300's so can't comment on that.

The universal wireless kit, with transmitter and receiver will allow you to connect whatever you want.

Between the Deteknix Lite and Pro's, the Pro's are the much better headphones, both in comfort, build quality, and audio quality.

Any one using these headphones on a GPX series? Looking at full ear cup headphones as the light ones hurt my ears a bit after an hour or so. Any other suggestions will be looked into as well. Want to stay wireless as the Deus has spoilt me in that regard

Feral said:
Any one using these headphones on a GPX series? Looking at full ear cup headphones as the light ones hurt my ears a bit after an hour or so. Any other suggestions will be looked into as well. Want to stay wireless as the Deus has spoilt me in that regard

Feral im just setting up my 45 for bluetooth,mainly wanted to see if i could run an external bluetooth speaker and its looking like a success,same setup will be ran on our sdc also,ill use the speaker for prospecting new areas mainly but when on a gold spot ill be swapping over to headphones i think,just had an operation and no detectin for myself for 3-4 months + so cant test it out bush at the moment,a mates gonna give it a run for a few days soon to see if its ok in the real world.
Not what ya asked about but im window shopping for headphones now also,few blokes say avantree are good and some other brands,looked at heaps online and some have exposed wires (near the ear muffs) and others dont,just a personal preference id rather them not exposed,think theyll be a bit hardier long term,these mee audio ones are ticking the box for me by the looks,id like to see a few others also if anyones got any suggestions....
https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/mee-au...MIifCV5cPw3AIVSnRgCh2OHgrbEAQYCSABEgJqWvD_BwE

Is good Goldchaser. I've been hunting headphones for a few weeks now. Done several searches on here as well as elsewhere. The Quest ones are an option and was after some feed back on them from those that have been hunting for some time. Are there any specs on the Mee? I must be going blind as I couldn't see any in the link.

There might not of been specs,im just looking for a descent set with a good size ear muff and aptx,they do have the low latency aptx on them and 20 odd hrs when charged,taotronics have a cuppla sets for a good price also but i cant find any specs saying they are aptx,which is odd cause im using one of there senders that has aptx,these look good also.....
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/302842179624

I could be wrong but , I thought Quest is the new name for Deteknix ..?

If correct then Nenad should have something ..??

Apologies if I am incorrect

Latest posts