Show us your Isolation Projects

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stripped the Engel, Oven, Battery and all the electrics out of the 4x4 today. Next job remake a new panel to fit onto the top of the RH Drawer.
1586444971_drawers_fitted.jpg

The Fridge side is a slide, the other side drawer has a top panel with 8 csk screws holding it together. When I installed the battery box, oven and other gear, I didn't want to drill holes in the drawers. So the small alum edged panel is screwed using longer screws into 6 of those OEM top panel holes.

I then used T nuts in my added panel where I don't mind drilling. The changes I'm doing will see a larger false panel installed using the same T nut principal. Also profiled to the contour of the 4by side panels. I'm looking to miss the tie down points so that end will be notched.

condor22 said:
I stripped the Engel, Oven, Battery and all the electrics out of the 4x4 today. Next job remake a new panel to fit onto the top of the RH Drawer.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1932/1586444971_drawers_fitted.jpg

The Fridge side is a slide, the other side drawer has a top panel with 8 csk screws holding it together. When I installed the battery box, oven and other gear, I didn't want to drill holes in the drawers. So the small alum edged panel is screwed using longer screws into 6 of those OEM top panel holes.

I then used T nuts in my added panel where I don't mind drilling. The changes I'm doing will see a larger false panel installed using the same T nut principal. Also profiled to the contour of the 4by side panels. I'm looking to miss the tie down points so that end will be notched.

Looks like the layout of my Pathy.

I like the coffee emoji Jaros. Please check my logic....

If sanitizer is the bees knees for cleaning hands and is primarily alcohol based, does regularly having a beer etc do the same for the inner self? :beer: :lol:

1586506548_rps20200410_175820.jpg

Had a couple of buckets of super sticky clay sitting around for a couple of months cos it's just too hard to process. Guess we all have to lower our standards in times like this, but on the upside, you can fill the tub with warm water on those crisp autumn mornings!

Along with the usual mundane things like cleaning the house from top to bottom every day and washing every bit of clothing you possess for no other reason than to keep busy I am building a Spacerail.
I hear you saying what is a space rail, wellll it's a giant marble run, a machine that does absolutely nothing other than to be a spacerail.

It's something you can look at while thinking of other things like ..... remember when we used to go out prospecting and detecting and in my case also being able to take the yacht out for a sail. Now, I'm not applying myself too diligently to this project as I want to draw it out as long as possible just in case this isolation stuff drags on longer than any of us anticipated.

That's me excuse anyway and not the fact that the instructions are written in Chinglish which is only slightly worse than the Japlish we all remember so fondly from the 60's and 70's.

This is not my waste of time but mine will look identical to this one, over 1500 pieces that all need to placed very precisely in order to make the marbles run. This is the level 9 version.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMSshDtKAbM[/video]

Chiron52 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10176/1586416019_idriess_1.jpg
So I've started on the book on the far right - Ion Idriess: Of Miners and Soldiers.
Fascinating learning about the beginnings of Aussie mining towns like Broken Hill, Cobar, Silverton, White Cliffs, Lightening Ridge, and many others all over this country. Also a great insight into the outback characters of the day.

Oh my god!
Why hadn't I started reading Ion Idriess books sooner.
I've read about his experiences traveling the outback and the early days at Lightening Ridge and other mining towns.
Now I'm reading about his experiences at Gallipoli and North Africa/Palestine in WW1 which were published in his book "The Desert Column".
He quotes mostly from the diaries he kept and it's a blood and guts, no edit journey of the craziness and more importantly, the horror of war.
Like everyone, I've heard the stories, seen the documentaries and films about WW1, but that all seems like kid's tales compared to the diary extracts of Ion Idress. He was renowned for being very observant and a great story teller and it is these observations and story telling abilities that bring to life the real horrors of WW1, by courtesy of his diary extracts.

If you can find a copy of his book "Of Miners and Soldiers" or his WW1 book "The Desert Column" you won't be disappointed.
The Desert Column was re-printed many times. There are various covers. This is just one of those covers -

1587282532_desert_column.jpg

looks like some one has been busy in the garden silver

I grew some black russian tomato's years ago silver ,i found them to be a bit light on with the flesh and a bit heavy on the pulp , they may have improved them by now, went back to my grosse lisse i like them a lot better

sand surfer said:
looks like some one has been busy in the garden silver

I grew some black russian tomato's years ago silver ,i found them to be a bit light on with the flesh and a bit heavy on the pulp , they may have improved them by now, went back to my grosse lisse i like them a lot better
They were the only plants left in punnets at Bunnings sand surfer.... of course next day when I got my lettuce they were fully stocked with tomatoes too
(but I already had mine didn't I )
old scungy = :eek: $$$

Been caught like that too silver i will never learn

You don't know of a good nut grass killer that is good for the environment ,beside's diesel and round up mixed together :lol:

Our projects for next few days :lol: :lol:

1587352257_dscf1911.jpg

Having cement delivered tomorrow for a slab 2 meters by 3 meters, then I make some ends steel ends 2 x 1.5 m high with mesh on both ends so we can stack our split firewood to get it out of the reach of the white ants, then we have to cut and split the remainder 3 tonne and get that on the cement at a later stage. After that the retaining wall in the bottom left is being extended along another 4.8 meters and then the remainder of the dirt on the heap will be put in behind that to give us a bit more room to maneuver the lawn mower and trailer for getting the wood down to the house when needed. For a couple of oldies that should be enough for a few days, will have a rest then until the next project is thought up. :( :(

Graham

sand surfer said:
Been caught like that too silver i will never learn

You don't know of a good nut grass killer that is good for the environment ,beside's diesel and round up mixed together :lol:

If you are a smoker, throw your buts in a bucket and add water.... Pour this on anything you want to kill... It may work on Nutgrass...

Nicotine is a very good poison, but I would be reluctant to use it on anything that you eat...

2lateagain, that will keep you busy for awhile... :lol: Nice ...

LW...

Latest posts