Show us your Isolation Projects

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok my projects i have been putting off for a while
This house has 11 rooms so cleaning one room per day top to bottom = 11 days
Each room has at least one if not two windows so making new lace curtains cutting to size and sewing etc = 11 days (if the sewing machine plays the game)
Total so far 22 days
Mow lawns = 1 day
Do the gardens front and rear = 1 day
Pressure clean out side of house = 1 day
So for a total of 25 days i am unhappily employed
So if this goes on any longer then that i might start to get grumpy
I am not blessed with a shed like most people on here so any other work i do i go to a mates place and that cant be done at this stage (unnecessary travel)

7.62 know the feeling. Due to my wife's disability and this having been my M in L's house, we have a lady come in once a fortnight to clean. She did this for the M in L.
She would vac the house, mop the hard surfaces, wipe down the kitchen, dust and do the loos n bathrooms. The cleaner obviously is on an extended break, my wife said she can do the kitchen.

Guess who won the rest, lol. and, I already do the lawns............ I got one concession - the same frequency as the cleaner 1 day in 14. The lawn can cope with 1 in 28.

So every month less 3 days, I get an escape to the shed and or the caravan (to work on it).

Isolation aint that bad.... What to look fwd to, well, I got the 15 lt fridge just in time :beer: and my birthday in a couple of weeks, will see a bottle of Bundy from SWMBO just in time for an Anzac Day Nip. So I figured on the last essential food shop that a carton of Coke cans should go on the list.

My only downer is no tripping to the GT 8.(

Gday jethro, hope all has been well.

Still onto the e-waste here. Hours of component sorting and stripping has been occupying me over isolation. Managed to process a sample of black sand cons in acids for gold recovery a couple months back. Suprisingly, some mineral rock (cassiterite mostly) remained and did not affect / cement out random metals. Lack of sulfides in my cons probably made it easier/cleaner. Ore processing is too large scale and messy for the ol home prospector..
Also refined some alluvial gold along the way

1586391389_20200409_101248.jpg

1586392130_20200409_102620.jpg

Haha MrsGT got me a model helicopter to build, seems we have run out of nice things to talk to each other about I guess. Made a few as a kid, Im not sure how much patience I have these days.

Not even sure where to go for glue, paint and a scalpel withput running foul of the laws.

Not even sure where to go for glue, paint and a scalpel withput running foul of the laws

won't matter where you go Old GT it is essential travel ,they keep saying about mental health ,those bits are for your mental health :lol:

sand surfer said:
Not even sure where to go for glue, paint and a scalpel withput running foul of the laws

won't matter where you go Old GT it is essential travel ,they keep saying about mental health ,those bits are for your mental health :lol:

Yep, it was specifically said by one of the powers that be that a trip to Bunnings is ok. Mitre10 also if closer to home as in my case, so I just walk there and get exercise at the same time and if they don't have it then I go to Bunnings.

Rob P.

1586416019_idriess_1.jpg

Bought these books many decades ago and had never got around to reading them. Opportunity knocks!
They're large books but with the current isolation rules - time is something I have plenty of.
So I've started on the book on the far right - Ion Idriess: Of Miners and Soldiers.
Fascinating learning about the beginnings of Aussie mining towns like Broken Hill, Cobar, Silverton, White Cliffs, Lightening Ridge, and many others all over this country. Also a great insight into the outback characters of the day.

PabloP said:
sand surfer said:

Yep, it was specifically said by one of the powers that be that a trip to Bunnings is ok. Mitre10 also if closer to home as in my case, so I just walk there and get exercise at the same time and if they don't have it then I go to Bunnings.

Rob P.

Decided against it, just to continue to play my part. Who knows, it might save a day of future lockdowns.

Bjay said:
Just remembered that Ive got a half finished model of the Tirpiz. Damn been ten years since I was playing with that. Time maybe to finish it.

Photos or it never happened :p

Latest posts