Amazing Gems and Minerals

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiron52

Dave
Reaction score
I was on Facebook yesterday when a post caught my eye. Tons of photos of the most amazing gems and minerals.
I spent ages downloading many of them and thought to post them here for everyone to enjoy.
I will post a few to start with and if the members and mods want more, let me know and I will continue posting.

First up -
Aquamarine and Spessartine from Pakistan.

1585883123_aquamarine_amp_spessartine_crystals_from_pakistan.jpg

Baryte crystals from Morocco.
1585883241_baryte_crystals_morocco.jpg

Bi-colour Tourmaline from Brazil

1585883312_bi-color_tourmaline_brazil.jpg

Brochantite and Chrysocolla from Chile

1585883439_brochantite_and_chrysocolla_chile.jpg

Calcite with Cavansite from India
1585883592_calcite_with_cavansite_india.jpg

Calcite Rose crystals on Amethyst and Basalt matrix from Brazil
1585883756_calcite_rose_crystals_on_amethyst_and_basalt_matrix_uruguay.jpg

Love these Chiron52 - more please!

We could all do with a bit of spectacular to wow over these days. :)

Cheers,
Megsy

They are all amazing. I could look at that Watermelon Tourmaline from Brazil all day. That and the Calcite with Cavansite from India are my two faves.

Thanks Chiron52, keep them coming :Y:

The first one above looks like a lava lamp! :)

Fascinating how they form, isn't it?

More please.

Cheers,
Megsy

I was underground mine geologist on the Tsumeb mine in Namibia. Here are some of the wonderful specimens that come from there.

http://www.williampinch.com/tsumeb

My friend John Innes (mineral johninnesite) and I were the only people on the mine allowed to legally collect minerals (his collection was worth a couple of million dollars - mine are still packed in boxes after 46 years).

goldierocks said:
I was underground mine geologist on the Tsumeb mine in Namibia. Here are some of the wonderful specimens that come from there.

http://www.williampinch.com/tsumeb

My friend John Innes (mineral johninnesite) and I were the only people on the mine allowed to legally collect minerals (his collection was worth a couple of million dollars - mine are still packed in boxes after 46 years).

Never a better time than now to unpack your collection if you're getting bored with being cooped up. :cool:

Latest posts