Hello!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Prospecting Australia members,
just a quick message to day hello! I came across the forum on my hunt for a metal detector.

I've had a really good look around amd you have a great bunch of helpful people here!!!

My background is 20+ years in jewellery design and manufacture so if there is any hobbyists here who need information in these areas I should be able find a way to help you out.

Im slowly getting out of the trade and started studying so have a bit of spare time on my hands to try new rhings like metal detecting..... :D :Y:

Thanks
RamB

G'day RamB welcome to PA :Y: jewellery making :perfect: looking forward to seeing some photos. I'm sure Kate (wife) will be interested she's just starting out with silver and loves it. Get your 10 post's up and the members section will become available for you to join in the meet ups and fun that comes with them, when we're all aloud after the current restrictions :beer:

G'day mate, we all love to find a bit of jewellery but I guess that would probably be a bit of a letdown for you. Probably pick the design and execution to bits. What sort of detector are you looking at and what are you looking for?

RM Outback said:
G'day RamB welcome to PA :Y: jewellery making :perfect: looking forward to seeing some photos. I'm sure Kate (wife) will be interested she's just starting out with silver and loves it. Get your 10 post's up and the members section will become available for you to join in the meet ups and fun that comes with them, when we're all aloud after the current restrictions :beer:

Hey RM Outback,
Thanks for your reply!!! Sterling silver is a great metal to start with(cheap!!!) and your wife will have heaps of fun learning. Though not my favourite metal, it is extremely diverse in the finishes that can be applied to it for textures etc. Let me know if I can help out in any way. If you need any tool or metal suppliers that deal with the general public I can forward their details.

Thanks
RamB

Dave79 said:
G'day mate, we all love to find a bit of jewellery but I guess that would probably be a bit of a letdown for you. Probably pick the design and execution to bits. What sort of detector are you looking at and what are you looking for?

Hey Dave79, re: picking the jewellery to bits.....absolutely! The evaluating of the design and manufacturing in a piece of jewellery is a big aspect of learning how to make jewellery. If(and I know it is a big IF) I actually happen to find a piece it will be straight into refining......

Not sure yet re: detector as Im still in the research phase. Im glad this forum is here as It looks like I will be reading for a while. Im really also enjoying Youtube review videos and prospecting vids in general. Im thinking coins and relics will be what I am most interested in. I like and appreciate the history aspect of both.....

Thanks
RamB

just starting said:
Welcome RamB .

What are you planning to detect ? Gold or relics or both ?

Hey just starting,
Im thinking at the moment, and as a start, finding anything will be fun! Coins and relics are what interest me most though finding a piece of gold would also be quite exciting!!! A trip to the goldfields here in Vic is definitely planned in the future.....

Thanks
RamB

Latest posts