Another noob

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all another newbie to the ranks hoping to get some info on this prospecting/panning stuff as my daughter has decided gold panning is AWSOME lol
So as briefly as possible I will introduce myself with a funny story.
My daughter showed an interest in panning so I got a couple of cheap pans and we hit the local river and creeks no gold but great fun with my girl.
Like most kids these days my girl (who's 9) did her online research and informed me we needed I highbanker to be in the game and I should build one(I'm a fabricator).
So me being a not very bright boots and all type did my research on highbankers and gathered twenty years of aluminium offcuts fired up the tig and built a kick arse 8 inch x 4 foot highbanker to set up the leg angle jumped on the net to check roughly what fall I should run on the sluice to find highbanking is illegal in nsw :eek: :lol: .
Lucky I set it up to be a convertible river sluice /highbanker ;) .So hopefully I will be able to learn some rules and regs and good manners of prospecting so I don't make an arse of myself.
Hope you get a giggle out of this yarn and look forward to chatting cheers ;)

Hehe we've heard stories like that before bud!!
But well done for trying, and Welcome aboard!

Latest posts