You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

RM Outback
26 March 2020 11:17 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
Swinging & digging wrote:

Word out of PMAV its official we are prohibited from accessing Public land from Prospecting Statewide.

To PMAV Melbourne Branch Members

Following up on our previous email the Government have now regulated that use of parks is now banned. I suggested in might be good to go detectoring. This new rule means we can't do this.
All we can do now is stay at home and abide by the rules.
When this has changed. We can maybe get back to normal living that we enjoyed.

Mike Phillips (President PMAV Melb Branch

You can go to a private land detecting. Forget the parks, they will be off limit to people for good.

I doubt it, the discussion is primarily based on the Covid19 pandemic so on this basis private land is not a suitable place just the same as public land period.

Last edited by RM Outback (26 March 2020 11:17 pm)

Cleopatra
26 March 2020 11:36 pm

RM Outback wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

Word out of PMAV its official we are prohibited from accessing Public land from Prospecting Statewide.

Following up on our previous email the Government have now regulated that use of parks is now banned. I suggested in might be good to go detectoring. This new rule means we can't do this.

You can go to a private land detecting. Forget the parks, they will be off limit to people for good.

I doubt it, the discussion is primarily based on the Covid19 pandemic so on this basis private land is not a suitable place just the same as public land period.

Wow, you seem very scared.

Bjay
27 March 2020 12:15 am

It's not about being scared. It's about people not heeding the advice and warnings. If people continue to not do so more and more lockdowns and restrictions will be implemented. Don't know if anyones thought about what happens when when people from logistics company's start getting it and there company's have to go into lockdowns. Without truckdrivers, even a small percentage, we'll we all be in trouble.

2 users like this post: RM Outback, tin town

RM Outback
27 March 2020 12:25 am

Cleopatra wrote:
RM Outback wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

Not at all, concerned yes, stupid like you no

4 users like this post: Rockwall, Bjay, sand surfer, Jackpot

Rockwall
27 March 2020 01:13 am

RM Outback wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
RM Outback wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

Some people just don't get life isn't all about them.

3 users like this post: RM Outback, jahan, sand surfer

Cleopatra
27 March 2020 01:40 am

Bjay wrote:

It's not about being scared. It's about people not heeding the advice and warnings. If people continue to not do so more and more lockdowns and restrictions will be implemented. Don't know if anyones thought about what happens when when people from logistics company's start getting it and there company's have to go into lockdowns. Without truckdrivers, even a small percentage, we'll we all be in trouble.

I believe the lockdowns will happen no matter what. As our human rights are political topic, we will separate ourselves from talking about our rights and questioning the authorities as unacceptable behaviour in a totalitarian world, where free speech is forbidden. No matter how good or bad people are, if the plan is to lockdown the world it will happen, reasons will be made up if they have to. Talking about prospecting in your own private property shouldn't make people angry. What should make them angry is that people still go to hair saloons and shopping centres. I think we should stop going out and fast for 2 weeks, the whole nation. LOL, just kidding.

2 users like this post: Gem in I, Aussiedigs

Ridge Runner
27 March 2020 03:28 am

Cleopatra wrote:

I believe the lockdowns will happen no matter what. As our human rights are political topic, we will separate ourselves from talking about our rights and questioning the authorities as unacceptable behaviour in a totalitarian world, where free speech is forbidden. No matter how good or bad people are, if the plan is to lockdown the world it will happen, reasons will be made up if they have to. Talking about prospecting in your own private property shouldn't make people angry. What should make them angry is that people still go to hair saloons and shopping centres. I think we should stop going out and fast for 2 weeks, the whole nation. LOL, just kidding.

I tried to warn people here over a 2 or 3 weeks ago and I was told that I was OTT or panicking etc, Where I am is about 3 or 4 weeks further along than Australia so I was seeing things that others were not aware of, like the Tide the peoples views here have changed as they have seen things change on a daily bases, Bottom line is people have to see for them selves before they will believe anything they are told but with something like this virus waiting to see it in black and white is not always the best option, Much like detector reviews people will call BS unless they can see it for them selves, If you wait around and do that with this virus it will have already killed you without you even knowing,

It does not matter a Toss if they Close down every Spec of Dirt in Australia, What matters is that you are still here to enjoy that Dirt when this is all Over,

It's simple Stay Indoors, keep away from anyone who is not part of your household, Don't go visiting Family, Because your act of kindness could kill them and Vice versa, If you want to see them use things like Skype and other video chat Apps etc, or the Phone,

And the "She'll Be Right" BS won't work with this One, It don't care how tough you are or how much money you've got or how smart you think you are, But with a bit of level thinking will keep you and your loved ones safe, thumbsup

AKA, Fridge Runner....... Thanks DD

8 users like this post: Rockwall, tin town, jahan, Reg Wilson, sand surfer, dubbles, Wheremuhgoldat, Gem in I

Redfin
27 March 2020 06:43 am

Hey S&D, have you a link to the official statement, I can't seem to find anything?

Det used - Whites 6000D, ML SD2000, ML SD 2001, ML SD 2200D, Garrett Infinium. Minelab SDC 2300. Minelab GPZ 7000.
Current Det - Garrett ASD Groundhog. . Minelab GPX 5000. Minelab GPX 4500.

1 user likes this post: Anniegee

rego7
27 March 2020 07:39 am

These are the only parks controlled areas closed in Victoria at the moment and this is due to the 500 person rule but check the website as well:https://www.ffm.vic.gov.au/media-releases/park-and-forest-closures

Currently closed sites
Wilsons Promontory National Park is limiting the number of day visitors from Monday 23 March 2020. View the Wilsons Prom frequently asked questions below for more information.
The Twelve Apostles Visitor Centre and lookouts is closed. The carpark and toilets at the Visitor Centre will remain open. Access to the Great Ocean Road and other visitor attractions are currently unaffected.
1000 steps/Kokoda Memorial Walk and Lyrebird Track in the Dandenong Ranges National Park have been closed until further notice.
The Dandenong Ranges Botanic Garden and William Ricketts Sanctuary have been closed until further notice
The penguin viewing platform at St Kilda Pier has been closed until further notice - fencing is now in place along the breakwater preventing access to the penguin viewing platform. The pier remains open.
Mackenzie Falls in the Grampians National Park will be closed for the duration of term two school holiday period (28 March – 13 April 2020).
Tours in the Buchan Caves at the Buchan Caves Reserve and tours of the State Coal Mine have been suspended until further notice to ensure the safety of staff and volunteers.
The historic mansion at Werribee(excluding the hotel) will be closed to visitors, but the gardens will remain open.

3 users like this post: Ridge Runner, Anniegee, Noogle

Redfin
27 March 2020 08:25 am

Thanks rego7, I am aware of those closures and that media release.

I was after official confirmation of

Last edited by Redfin (27 March 2020 08:26 am)

Det used - Whites 6000D, ML SD2000, ML SD 2001, ML SD 2200D, Garrett Infinium. Minelab SDC 2300. Minelab GPZ 7000.

3 users like this post: rego7, Hard Luck, Gilly47

Hard Luck
27 March 2020 08:36 am

Redfin wrote:

Thanks rego7, I am aware of those closures and that media release.

I was after official confirmation of

Likewise. And the PMAV's source.

"Courage and Patience"
My Mothers Daily Chant

2 users like this post: rego7, Jaros

greyhound
27 March 2020 02:46 pm

meanwhile
,people still riding their bikes on main rds,
people walking their dogs
people playing golf.
kids at play grounds

2 users like this post: Gilly47, sand surfer

Swinging & digging
27 March 2020 03:01 pm

Redfin wrote:

Hey S&D, have you a link to the official statement, I can't seem to find anything?

It came in an email i got from the PMAV, Melbourne branch i am assuming they have asked the government for clarification on the confusing status of restrictions and how they apply to prospecting. By the sound of it Victoria is set to ramp up its restrictions on what Victorians can or can't do very soon, over and above current restrictions. So evan if solo prospecting is allowed at the moment it won't be under harsher restrictions.

Sorry its taken this long to get back to your question, my work load has increased 5 fold over the last few days and i did not have my login details to this site.

Last edited by Swinging & digging (27 March 2020 03:03 pm)

Eski
27 March 2020 04:38 pm

Parks are closed, they look like the tourist parks more than anything , what about state forrest?
so we can walk dogs to the park/in a park but not "congregate" .
so driving to a park/forrest to go on a walk provided you are not congregating should be fine.... or congregating with anyone whilst getting there. whether or not we wave a magic wand is irrelevant.

but if we are allowed to fill up with fuel in Melb what is the difference where we fill up - provided we are carefull.

camping seems to be the real unknown.

how about people just stop being stupid for a change... i mean really, who needs a car full of toilet paper... andf Why for f's sake go to a hair salon. buying take away food?"??? what genius thought of that. let's not talk about cruise ships or large building sites. argh

Either way looks like the gov has more to worry about than a handfull of prospectors going detecting for the day in isolated areas.

3 users like this post: greyhound, sulphide, Aussiedigs

BigWave
27 March 2020 04:51 pm

This is the current "Official" statement from Parks Victoria:

"At the direction of the Chief Health Officer of Victoria, Parks Victoria has closed all designated campgrounds and accommodation throughout all parks and reserves across Victoria from midnight on 25 March 2020 until further notice.

Designated campgrounds are any sites that have infrastructure such as toilets, fire pits or barbecues. Non-essential travel should be avoided, and ‘social distancing’ practices must be adhered to.

The following are guidelines regarding these changes on Parks Victoria-managed land:

All accommodation and designated campgrounds managed by Parks Victoria are now closed. All existing bookings will be fully refunded, and no further bookings will be taken. A designated campground includes any formed area that has infrastructure such as toilets, fire pits, or barbecues.
All people currently camping in designated campgrounds are being requested to leave immediately. Rangers will be patrolling to instruct people to leave.
Any day visitors to parks and reserves are actively encouraged to disperse widely and adhere strictly to social distancing guidelines.

Compliance with this directive is enforceable under section 203 of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 and penalties apply.

Other areas within parks will remain open to allow for exercise, however, social distancing must be practised and those with flu-like symptoms must follow the advice from the Chief Health Officer of Victoria and remain at home."

Me? I'm staying home devil

Last edited by BigWave (27 March 2020 04:53 pm)

GPX-4500 & Direction Finding Daughter

6 users like this post: Swinging & digging, RM Outback, lordo.1, goody2shoes, sand surfer, Wheremuhgoldat

Cleopatra
27 March 2020 05:23 pm

RM Outback wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
RM Outback wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

You shouldn't hate yourself so much. You know thousands of people are reading your posts. When you offend others, people will remember you as exactly those names you call others. It's the boomerang law of life.

Jaros
27 March 2020 05:49 pm

Keep it nice guys. sad

F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250, Goldrat 8" Dreammat River Sluice.

4 users like this post: BigWave, RM Outback, goody2shoes, sand surfer

Redfin
27 March 2020 05:52 pm

Redfin wrote:

It came in an email i got from the PMAV, Melbourne branch i am assuming they have asked the government for clarification on the confusing status of restrictions and how they apply to prospecting. By the sound of it Victoria is set to ramp up its restrictions on what Victorians can or can't do very soon, over and above current restrictions. So evan if solo prospecting is allowed at the moment it won't be under harsher restrictions.

Sorry its taken this long to get back to your question, my work load has increased 5 fold over the last few days and i did not have my login details to this site.

We are all aware about non essential travel, social distancing, which parks and camping areas are closed, common sense prevails etc.
But,
that statement from Mr Phillips, It appears, has no credibility what so ever, He seems he has made it up.
There is nothing on the PMAV site, or anything I can find to corroborate it.

2 users like this post: Hard Luck, BigWave

RM Outback
27 March 2020 05:54 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
RM Outback wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
RM Outback wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

You shouldn't hate yourself so much. You know thousands of people are reading your posts. When you offend others, people will remember you as exactly those names you call others. It's the boomerang law of life.

What ever floats ya boat. How about you give us some posts with prospecting content instead of tin hat theatrics. Just had a look at your 7 posts and there's definitely a common theme with zero content towards prospecting. I'll give you a tip try the Introduce Yourself threads as a starting point and we'll start fresh from there beer

5 users like this post: mbasko, Eluvial, Smoky bandit, Bjay, sand surfer

Manpa
27 March 2020 06:18 pm

I reckon Cleopatra maybe a re-incarnation.

One of these days Ma!

5 users like this post: Smoky bandit, CreviceSucker, RM Outback, Bjay, sand surfer

Cleopatra
27 March 2020 06:26 pm

Manpa wrote:

I reckon Cleopatra maybe a re-incarnation.

You will never know

Tathradj
27 March 2020 07:11 pm

2nd Warning.
Stay nice.

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

6 users like this post: RM Outback, BigWave, greyhound, goody2shoes, Ded Driver, sand surfer

greyhound
27 March 2020 08:13 pm

three strikes and you're out m8

Last edited by greyhound (27 March 2020 08:13 pm)

Rockhunter62
27 March 2020 09:10 pm

This has the hallmarks of a lot of you Melbournites.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coron … d2ffd56218

Cheers

Doug

Forest Gump once said "life is like a detector going beep, you don't know what it is till you dig it up"

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

RM Outback
27 March 2020 09:13 pm

Rockhunter62 wrote:

This has the hallmarks of a lot of you Melbournites.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coron … d2ffd56218

Cheers

Doug

Absolute trippers lol lol lol

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site