GP Extreme to GPX 4000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It arrived, man, every detector I've ever purchased from WA has come covered in red dirt lol

1586237741_img_20200407_153001.jpg

Looks in pretty good condition, hardly a dent on the feet!
Let us know how you go with it

Just wonder what the person received for selling the GPX4500 to Cash Converters if they are on selling for $2199.

PeterInSa said:
Just wonder what the person received for selling the GPX4500 to Cash Converters if they are on selling for $2199.

Yeah I'm curious about that one too, I was going to buy it, but it was gone before pretty quick..

I wonder what new price was used, Mate and I purchased 2, 45's sooner after they came out, from memory at $8600 ie $4300ea, so CC buy price around $1075, but 3 years ago the downgraded 5000 aha GPX4500 was selling at $3300 or CC buy price of $825.

Or ML's last published price.

PeterInSa said:
I wonder what new price was used, Mate and I purchased 2, 45's sooner after they came out, from memory at $8600 ie $4300ea, so CC buy price around $1075, but 3 years ago the downgraded 5000 aha GPX4500 was selling at $3300 or CC buy price of $825.

Or ML's last published price.
They use the current price the day it was purchased or pawned, if purchased they have to hold it for 28 days before resale, if pawned its 3 months plus 28 days before resale. I worked for them in Whyalla for a few years.

Elijah,

Try polishing the case up.
I got a 5000 and lightly used a rubbing compound and then polished it up with car wax, looks like new again.

Plus if you look after it, you'll get more for it when it's time to upgrade :Y:

Gpx5000 said:
Elijah,

Try polishing the case up.
I got a 5000 and lightly used a rubbing compound and then polished it up with car wax, looks like new again.

Plus if you look after it, you'll get more for it when it's time to upgrade :Y:

I'll give that a try tonight, thanks for the tip!

Elijah said:
It arrived, man, every detector I've ever purchased from WA has come covered in red dirt lol

Nice mate. I just picked up my 4000 as well. If you come across any thing that should be shared with a fellow 4000 newbie.. feel free to let me know.. :D

markfromnsw said:
Elijah said:

Nice mate. I just picked up my 4000 as well. If you come across any thing that should be shared with a fellow 4000 newbie.. feel free to let me know.. :D

One thing i found out very quickly is, to run with soil timing in sensitive, unless you're in the mildest of ground.. (with a mono that is)

DD coil you can run the machine as hot as you like, extra + max gain normal timing... but ya i run mono so that's just once thing i've noticed.

markfromnsw said:
Good to know as I have a 14x9 coiltek mono that I will run with. What is your coil?

NF 12" Adv Mono, 17x11 NF/Adv mono, picked up a 14" and 9" coiltek elite mono this morning, will try them out when the weather clears up a bit.

Elijah said:
markfromnsw said:
Good to know as I have a 14x9 coiltek mono that I will run with. What is your coil?

NF 12" Adv Mono, 17x11 NF/Adv mono, picked up a 14" and 9" coiltek elite mono this morning, will try them out when the weather clears up a bit.

Sounds good. Would be interested to hear how they go!

Latest posts