Nugget Finder Evo Coils for GPX 5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blair

Blair
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been considering purchasing a new GPX 5000 soon and want to start with 2 NF coils, (hoping to do a deal with swapping out the new original coils).
I would love some opinions on which size NF Evo coils would work well together to cover most situations.

By the reports and posts I've read the 12" round and 15" round are contenders for an all rounder.

I would also like a larger coil for ground coverage and depth as most of the places I have immediate access to have been well detected before.

I am considering the 12" round and one of the following at this stage.
17 X 13 elliptical
24 x 12 elliptical
19" round

Thanks.

I'd look at a 12*8 and a 17*13 add an 18-20 " round advantage where the evomight be a tad noisy, or keep the commander 15*12

Actually come to think of it, maybe the 12" round and the 17*13. I have owned the 12 and it was awesome. Also had a 15 round Evo, which was good to. Found some very small gold with both the 15 surprised me as to how small it found gold. I used them on a 4500 and a QED.
I reckon in fine gold on 5k they would be awesome. I would go the 17* 13 over the 15 if I did it again, mainly because the elliptical coil would fit in my day pack, where as the 15 round had to be strapped on the outside.

Thanks Davent, do you think the 12" round Evo. and keeping the Commander 15*12 would be a good plan?

Sooo many options, someone's selling a 17*13 on here now.

I can always add a larger coil later down the track if I need it.

Hi Blair,

One ripper coil for the GPX is the 12x8 evo coil. This coil is amazing on the 5k, even better than the Sadie coil.
The other coil that seems to be favored is the 15" round evo coil.

The 17x13 is also an amazing coil.

Nugget finder really hit the nail on the head when they came out with the EVO coil range.

Cheers Mick

That's a couple of people for the 12*8 now, I thought the 12 round was a shoe in but now I'm thinking again.

I find too much thinking tends to get expensive.

Sounds like 17*13 is well liked also.

Thanks for you help everyone.

Blair said:
Thanks Davent, do you think the 12" round Evo. and keeping the Commander 15*12 would be a good plan?

Sooo many options, someone's selling a 17*13 on here now.

I can always add a larger coil later down the track if I need it.

yeah the 15*12 is a good deep coil, and can tame some really hot ground. Sometimes, in the NT, when the ground is really wet, early in the dry season, the evo's can be a bit noisy, sometimes it 's because of wet charcoal just under the surface, and can miss some signals. the older wound coils can run a bit quieter with hotter settings in these conditions.
The Nugget finder advantage is also a great coil in these conditions, and even on good conditions, I would think a 12" evo, a 17*13 evo and 18-20" advantage, or commander would cover most situations.

Later on Id add a 25 evo DD, can run in normal in some places, which will give you good depth.

Latest posts