QED AGB button idea

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As it is the agb button is not really usefull for much as far as i can tell. I was thinking it would be pretty cool if that button could be used to validate a target from ground mineralisation noise.
E.g. get a signal.. press the agb button once to up the gb 30 from current setting. The a second time to decrease the gb 30 from the original setting being used. Then press it a third time to return to the original setting that was being used.
As far as i can imagine it would save a lot of pressing of the gb button if you like to check every signal for mineralisation.
Does anyone else think it would be a good idea??
Just putting it out there ;)

I think it's a good idea but you really need to run it past Howard & the retailers. Maybe another solution could be found i.e. long hold on arrow buttons auto jumps to +/- 30? I always thought the AGB wasn't that effective either & found manually balancing a lot better/more accurate. I've read where some QED users do like it though so not everyone might be in favour?

If it's gone to +/- 30 to differentiate ground noise from targets then a short cut would be good.
I knew it had increased after the last update but not to that much? It started at +/- 4 then +/- 8 so that's a fair jump but I understand the ground balance range is now larger too.

I actually like your idea of long hold of the arrow button better mbasko. as you say, there are some users that might use the button still.
Either way i reckon it would be a handy function.

I think the recomended gb up and down for ground noise is around 20 (i could be wrong) but 30 is suggested by some to be sure

Was out detecting a couple of days ago and had to drop down 4 positions at a time using the MGB setting and ended up at 12 positions below to knock out a good response as only mineralisation or a hot rock. I left the GB setting at 12 below however I soon had to raise back to the original setting to continue detecting and then it became a nuisance, at this particular area, having to continue to manually press the particular buttons to raise or lower the GB positions for a verification of a signal response instead of a quick push and hold of a GB button along with a quick up and down pump of the coil to Re-GB and confirm if mineralisation or hot rock.

Latest posts