CTX-3030 shaft pattern/weave question

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dear CTX owners,

Noticed that the CTX-3030s depicted on the Minelab site have quite an large crisscross pattern on the graphite shafts, whereas mine has a much tighter weave pattern.

Was there a point in time when this changed or is mine just a different batch? :8

Cheers

No idea
Have you got a problem with yours?
This is mine
1584515631_img_9525.jpg

Sandta said:

Thanks Sandta and Martin,

Yep, mine is the same as yours Sandta, purchased in Feb 2018. But I had someone question the genuineness of it as the weave didn't match the photos on the Minelab website or others on the web.

They must have changed back and forth at some point, or maybe it was just a batch thing...anyway, pleased that mine is not 'unique'.

Cheers and thanks again!

Yeah mine was bought from Minersden in late 2015. They probably do various changes on different yearly revisions, try to improve things, etc.

Still good to see it's the flagship treasure detector.

This is a better pic:
1584577192_20200319_103800.jpg

As these shafts are made from carbon fibre and carbon is electrically conductive, I reckon I'll start a rumour that the SDC's with the smaller chequer pattern shafts are more sensitive to small nuggets, whereas the larger chequer pattern models go deeper. Sounds about right. :p

Latest posts