Latest find :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1583888032_17.jpg

1583888032_18.jpg

1583888032_19.jpg

Your onto someone's stash :perfect: another great find :beer: At least the date of the latest coin is an indication of time frame, have you researched or just chanced upon it. If the answer to research is no I'd starting looking into some.

:) thank you RM. Well, this little stash is right near where I found a bottle full of gold six months ago. Just hadn't had a chance to go back to the spot and investigate further. I know it was from a lonesome miner who was quite recluse. He was found by other miners covered in an avalanche in 1887, and they buried him around the area. Just don't know where. But I am sure the location of this tin is where his hut was.
So very very interesting.
Kerry :)

Is that the tin that the coins were found in? If so how is it that the tin is in such perfect condition, no rust penetration or dings in it? The style of tin does not match up with the age of the coins not with that type of press in lid.

Whisp said:
Is that the tin that the coins were found in? If so how is it that the tin is in such perfect condition, no rust penetration or dings in it? The style of tin does not match up with the age of the coins not with that type of press in lid.
A whisp of Sherlock :cool:

Latest posts