Help help help.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tassie Daz

Darryl Rowley
Reaction score
Righto folks, I was just going through some jars of coins and thought Id finally open up a problem to the wealth of knowledge that I know exists at PA. Im going to include a photo of a boat propellor that I found a few years ago. It has a small split ring attached and from that alone, I thought it might be an attachment to a naval medal. But try as I might, I havent been able to find any medal with such an attachment.
Btw, its made of brass and it was found at an old showgrounds that dates back to the 1860s. And the back of the prop is the same as the front. No inscription.
So, here it is. Go for it.
1582356968_20200222_173406.jpg

I'm with grubstake. And even though it's some kind of ornament, it looks more like a boat prop than an aeroplane. Maybe even a promotional item from a trade fair or stall at the show at some time?

I cannot see any medal there,not enough furness,to big thick chunky and no inscription.

I believe the military (Navy) young or would have some I.D. of some type pointing to here or there giving the praise to who ever they intended to praise,otherwise we all could have one.

Super nice find though.

Just saying. :)

Yep Happy, i think youre right on reflection .
Initally I thought medal, but without an inscription its not personalised ss you point out, so a necklace/pendant looks the go. Either way it was a cool find from an old showgrounds of the 1860s.

Latest posts