How to process ore

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all.
I have found some good rock that i have put in a little jaw crusher and panned for gold.

Now i have like 200kg of -1mm dust to process.

Iv read miller tables are good but not good for crushed ore because the gold isnt flat.
Bowls are to slow.

Can't find any wave tables or shaker tables in Australia
Didnt want to spend more then $1500 on one and cant find any second hand ones.

Any one used miller table for gold ore.

I would start with a sluice with dream mat. And see how you go. 200 kg should take too long. But reclaim tailings.
Have you seen the diamond concrete polishing (not cutting) wheels for larger grinders.
Two of those... one fixed in the base, one on and extended axle perhaps.
Set with fine clearance between them. Link straight off above with a small electric motor.

The Mini Dream Mat or Micro Dream Mat might be a good start as Mudgee said, the fine gold retention of the Dream Mat is no joke. Running a recirc setup with a low bubble surfactant (Rinse Aid might be okay) would be a must. After that, probably a large based pan (Super Sluice) would be my next processing port of call.

For a couple of hundred Kg of ore Id just set up a good panning trough and progressively reduce the amount of ore you have by panning down each panfull to about 10% of the original volume. Dont overfill your pan to start with, About 2/3s full is plenty. If that sounds like too much work google Pulse jig and see what comes up. you should be able to put one together for less than 1k.

Have used a Gold Cube and they get real fine stuff as well, just a thought if you can your hands on one.

Wow thanks for all the replys

I have a micro dream mat but it takes a few passes to get all the fine gold and i still have a lot of other heavys.

Any one know company or some one that makes a shaker or wave table as. I only have 200kg of cons now but have a lot more to crush

Budget comes into play.
200kg is only 10 x 20ltr buckets .
How often are you going to have such...
And yield will determine budget.
Invest $400 in a decent sluice with dream mat.
This will give you a decent picture of gold yield at 1mm refined material.
Do this first, then tell us how you went.
Otherwise you could be wasting money

I sluice a lot of crushed rock and use a gold rat clean up sluice. Its pretty fast and catches pretty much everything,
the only time I get gold in my tailings is when the mat is full.

1582198602_a96deb41-edf2-4dab-8854-8b563074a75c.jpg

I find the keene mini max Power concentrator work so much better then the micro dream clean up sluice.

My next step is to get the heavys out of the cons after its been through clean up sluice.

Has any one used a miller table for this.

Latest posts