Protection From The Sun?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everybody !

I am finally arrived in Australia (a week ago). I am getting ready to go gold prospecting around mid-march in WA. If anyone of you will be there, I am more than happy to meet !

I have been looking over the forum but I haven't find any topic on it (may be I missed it)
I actually think about the need of protecting my skin from sun in the desert. How do you protect from the sun out there? sunscreen ? Full body cover clothes? need of anti-uv clothes ?

Thank you for your answer !
Joffrey

Welcome to WA, Joffrey,
Wide brimmed hat adapted for headphones or use dual speakers.
Fly net is a must, however, use of natural botanical cream helps.
Exposed skin use a quality sunscreen.
Most caravan parks have many prospectors you can team up with.
Become an APLA member.
Obtain Miners Right
Only prospect on ground that you have permission to be on.
*** Most important, the goldfields are unforgiving, be sure to have required safety equipment. Water, some water and more water, did I mention water?

Joffrey said:
Hello everybody !

I am finally arrived in Australia (a week ago). I am getting ready to go gold prospecting around mid-march in WA. If anyone of you will be there, I am more than happy to meet !

I have been looking over the forum but I haven't find any topic on it (may be I missed it)
I actually think about the need of protecting my skin from sun in the desert. How do you protect from the sun out there? sunscreen ? Full body cover clothes? need of anti-uv clothes ?

Joffrey

Mid march will still be a bit warm,a bit of sun wont hurt ya joffery,where are you from and are you coming through Kalgoorlie?

Thank you all for your advice. Will Do !

Goldchaser1 said:
Joffrey said:
Hello everybody !

Joffrey

Mid march will still be a bit warm,a bit of sun wont hurt ya joffery,where are you from and are you coming through Kalgoorlie?

I am from France (Gold panner & coins prospector) Yes Kalgoorlie will be the starting point of my prospecting time

Joffrey said:
Thank you all for your advice. Will Do !

Goldchaser1 said:
Joffrey said:
Hello everybody !

Joffrey

I am from France (Gold panner & coins prospector) Yes Kalgoorlie will be the starting point of my prospecting time

Send me a pm when ya get up here,catch up and help ya get goin if we can.....

I like to fully cover up with long sleeves, long trousers, wide brimmed hat and a left glove. I put sunblock on face and my right hand. I need it free of the glove to tamper with settings and the glove gets in the way when slipping my arm into the armrest on the detector.

Latest posts