Minerama.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!
Just thought I'd jump on and let people know that the field trips are now up for booking. Not sure how long this has been the case . Looks similar to last year's line up with the only addition being a trip to Mount Mitchell and a relic hunt for the metal detectors. Could be wrong on that one though. So anyone planning on going this year?

Same old same old... They really need to scout out new venues. If We(Gemorama) can do it, they could too.. :playful:

I thought with the Glen Innes Club taking over, things would change... But this appears Not...

Field Trips went up this Week... ;)

LW...

I've booked in to do the Mount Mitchell trip as I haven't been to that area before. The other days I'll probably just explore on my own. That may be determined by what areas are reopened post bushfire crisis. By the way LW, how's the Gemorama planning and scouting coming along? Any inside info you can pass along yet? Just make sure you give your car a good going over before you leave for that weekend! :playful:

:) Im There.. ;) .. My 'Mitzy' may not be tho... :lol:

Still looking at 2 other Areas...

We definitely will be going to the Malachite/Azurite Location.(Trip 1).. The other 2 Venues are still being looked into...

As for 'inside info, I cant say too much till Minerama is over.. :D

.. But I will be posting Details up once We can lock in Our Venues for Trip 2 and 3....

Mt Mitchel is a very good area for Sapphires, Topaz and Crystals. I have seen some incredible Topaz from the Area... just like Oban R, but bigger and Better.
And a little Gold as well .. ....

I had access to a treasure trove 'out there' till the Property was sold 5yrs ago 8.( 8.( .. So 'it's out there...

Let me know where at Mt Mitchell you head to Squint.. Im keen to know as I Don't think I will get to Minerama this year... 8.(

LW...

Yeah really looking forward to getting out and about in the bush again. Nothing quite like being in an area that is totally new to yourself. Kinda feels like your the first explorer even though you know your not. Doing research for my trip I found a post about the Emmaville emerald mine changing hands and no longer allowing fossicking apart from the Gemfest weekend. Have you heard about this mate? The only reason I ask is it was on my to do list and I know you are quite knowledgeable about the area. Out of curiosity is Bob doing any Minerama field trips this year? Look forward to saying hello if he is.

Bob is only doing 1 trip ... And that that is on Thursday I think... Sapphire Hunting... :D

Sorry Squint, Steve sold his Property(along with De Milhous Emerald Mine) 3 months ago and the new owners I have no idea... I know that Gemfest were the last to visit, Possibly for-ever..

LW...

That's a shame. Look forward to meeting you at Gemorama mate. :pickshovel: Hopefully I've got some insights on the places I visit this trip to pass on. :Y: so anyone else going to Minerama this year?

LoneWolf I plan to head up to Minerama this year but will probably avoid the field trips unless Rob talks me into the one he is going on. Have not been to the boot traders at the show ground so will at least check them out as well as poking around other locations. :)

No worries Jerry, Rob is doing the Crossmaglen trip on Thursday then is heading to Sydney on the Friday for 4 days... :rolleyes:

I found out where they are going on the Mt Mitchel trip and it would be worth checking out.... But not really Mt Mitchel area tho...

LW...

Latest posts