Heatho's Equinox and CTX finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clodmaster said:
Heh Heatho. Interested to know how the new frequency in this update works. I thought the 4khz frequency can only be used on its own (i.e. it's not part of the multi-frequency parcel).

So if you're on the beach, do you just select Beach 1 or 2 mode and then switch to the single frequency (4khz)?

Also, I assume you were dry-sand detecting or on the waterline. Wondering how 4khz will work waist deep in water in Beach 2.

Yes correct, the 4khz is not added to the Multi IQ, it is a stand alone freq.

The beach modes are only Multi IQ so you'd have to detect in another mode to use the 4khz setting.

The update info states that increased stability and other improvements were added.

"In addition to the 4 kHz upgrade feature, various stability enhancements have been included".

To me it seemed way more stable and able to punch a bit deeper, not 100% sure about deeper though felt like it did. I was getting some quite small targets such as 1c coins at quite decent depths and a theepence that I was quite surprised with the depth it came from.

Bit of gold on my Friday morning hunt, first gold in ages. ?. Will post other finds later. Worked a massive beach cut and got a large amount of coins, mainly the BB's but still plenty of goldies too.

1596167490_20200731_121702.jpg

1596167490_20200731_125450.jpg

WOW :8
Thats a good result mate :Y:
I made the trip the other night, but not being local anymore , chose the wrong beach
Got bugger all :(

Well done on the ring, plenty of coins to keep you busy. Makes me wonder how many heavies were washed down below the waterline. :Y:

Goldpick said:
Well done on the ring, plenty of coins to keep you busy. Makes me wonder how many heavies were washed down below the waterline. :Y:

Must have been heaps I reckon, was finding stuff down to the waters edge, then the incoming tide pushed me out.... Might head back this week to see what I can find.

:lol: :lol: :lol: lucky for you the packaging looks to be in good order, I would never have thought I'd see one show up as a find :8

Latest posts