the fire got everything

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:pickshovel: Hi searchers....Well the fire storm at my place got everything except for the house which the both of us saved but for 3mts around the house all is gone . that includes all my gold prospecting gear , detector x 2,sluices pans ,last seen going up in smoke...but we are safe.look out the greenies they will be horizontal.

I was so happy to see that both of you were safe and well JunkDog.
And your house was still there. It was a priority to call in and see how
you both are. That was my first trip North after the fires went through
and seeing it first hand and so close to home really hit me.

It is very hard not to get a bit emotional even though I have assisted in
quite a few of these situations.

The damage to the area where you live is really bad.
Almost beyond comprehension.

Anyway, I have a 4500, SDC (If it does not sell ) and a QED for you to borrow
at any time and my other gear if you need to take a break from it all.

You know where I am. Just call me.

Doug

junkdog said:
:pickshovel: Hi searchers....Well the fire storm at my place got everything except for the house which the both of us saved but for 3mts around the house all is gone . that includes all my gold prospecting gear , detector x 2,sluices pans ,last seen going up in smoke...but we are safe.look out the greenies they will be horizontal.
Let us know how you go with insurance, replacing your gear. If it's not covered I'm sure as a community here we could do something to help out.

Well done saving your house and your lives the rest will repair and be replaced . Its a long road ahead and the scares will stay for a long time .We lost it all in Black Saturday, i know what your going through. It does change your life forever and we have a completely new outlook now and a deep respect for bushfires and the country we live in . For what it worth what helped us is we rejoice everyday that we managed to saved our lives the rest was just stuff l cant even remember .
Cheers Booney.

Terrifying stuff, but want to let you folks know Junkdog, Tath, Booney and the many others on here that I feel for you all when you have to go through similar horrors like this and as a community we do what we can to lend support in what ever ways we can when the call goes out.
Virtual hugs to all of yooz.

Sorry to hear, at least you saved the house and you and your partner are safe, the rest can be replaced with time.
I drove through Capertee in NSW on Thur-Fri, few burnt out houses and lots of burnt out sheds I can hope the owners are ok.
Australia Burning one day, pelted with hale and rain the next.

Latest posts