fingers crossed

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1579753456_oip_2.jpg

Just read they found the wreckage while conducting airal search no reports of the crew :( not good. Here's hoping the crew are ok.

The NSW Premier has confirmed three crew members died when a Large Air Tanker crashed while fighting a bushfire west of Cooma.

Gladys Berejiklian confirmed the crash and expressed her condolence to the families of the dead crew.

The C-130 was chartered by the NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) from American aerial firefighting company, Coulson Aviation.

"Tragically, there appears to be no survivors as a result of the crash down in the Snowy Monaro area," RFS Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons said.

"[The aircraft]impacted heavily with the ground andinitial reports are that there was alarge fireball associated with theimpact of the plane as it hit theground."

:brokenh:

Absolutely bloody awful for their families in the US.
A report I heard is that the aircraft broke up in flight (hope not true)... but when a plane of that size falls out of the sky there can be little hope. RIP aircrew.

Now I hear that the Red Cross is being very tardy about distributing relief funds.....$5m. distributed of around $114m. collected with a cap of $10000/ home destroyed. I hope that is incorrect also.

Patrick1 said:
3 American Firies were onboard that Bird. They didn't make it.

Pat have you got an American flag that the meet up mob could borrow and fly at half mast. I hope all fire services do something for recognition of these blokes, without their experience and expertise we'd be in alot more trouble than we already are. If you do might be better to arrange it via the meet up thread.

RM Outback said:
Patrick1 said:

Pat have you got an American flag that the meet up mob could borrow and fly at half mast. I hope all fire services do something for recognition of these blokes, without their experience and expertise we'd be in alot more trouble than we already are. If you do might be better to arrange it via the meet up thread.
I'm a BAD Yank. No, I do not have one.

Patrick1 said:
RM Outback said:
Patrick1 said:

I'm a BAD Yank. No, I do not have one.

:( :eek: all good mate just a thought.

Latest posts