Gretings from Warrumbungle Ranges

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi , I live just West in the Warrumbungle Ranges in NSW - it has been said there has been some gold 'mining' in the area , especially around the creek that crosses our place: Wambelong Creek.
I found some old small rail tracks and wheels , but no other evidence like diggings etc.
Now I try to find out what is Crown-land adjoining my place but can not figure out where to find maps.
Also wonder if a named creek can be declared 'private' property as the new owner of next door land is making us believe.

Thanks !
jacob

Welcome to the forum Jacob
Keep posting and get your post count over 10 posts. That way you can access more of the mebers area of the forum and send and receive private messages.
Warrumbungle ranges are a big area to start your search try this link.

https://minview.geoscience.nsw.gov.au/#/?l=&lat=148.9143431&lon=-32.6560775&z=6&bm=bm1

Also use the search function of the forum , its a good tool to help you find answer to questions.

Hi Jacob, welcome to P.A.

I played my first ever gig when I was about 21 yrs old at the Pilliga Scrub Country Music Festival in 1984. I rode my Triumph 750 all the way up from Melbourne, and sent my guitar up on a freight train to Burren junction for pick up. I stayed at the teachers house in Gwabegar while I was there, and saw some amazing country. The Warrumbungles are a beautiful range, and I remember a song around that time that they played called "The Warrumbungle Chestnut Mare". Hope you find some gold in that beautiful place mate :Y:

If the creek runs through his property, it is his.
And NOT all crown land is accessible to public.
Have a good read up in the rules and regulations etc on the home page.

How did you go Jacob?
I have recently moved to the area and have heard of some deposits out that way.

Latest posts