Books for sale (and donate proceeds to bushfire appeal)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought I'd do my bit and help out with the recent fires. Looking at selling these - I'll match what people offer and donate all the proceeds to one of the bush fire appeals.

I've got about 3 archive boxes full of old 1:250K and 1:100K reports (most with maps) and some books I salvaged from an old workplace. They were going to throw them out. I've got (approx.):

TAS - 8 Geological Survey Explanatory Reports 1 mile series, including Bulletin 50
SA - 15 Geological Survey Explanatory Notes 1:250K
QLD - 92 Geological Survey Explanatory Notes 1:250K
NT - 62 Geological Survey Explanatory Notes 1:250K
New England (NSW) - 8, including 4 mile series
WA - 67 (including 11 GSWA Records)
PNG - 16 reports 1:50K

Also: G.W. Lilley - The Story of Landsdowne: The History of a Western Queensland Sheep Station

I've donated a whole bunch to various uni's in Vic (Melb Uni, Ballarat Uni - called Federation Uni now) and to the students of geology departments, this is the last batch I've got. Melb Uni wasn't interested in any donations - these days uni's aren't really interested in this stuff anymore (bit of a disappointment - they used to want this stuff many years ago). I think this has some value - I don't really want to throw it out, but they have been sitting around the house for years.

Let me know if there is any interest and I'll post exactly what I've got. I'm not asking for a price on each/all - just make me an offer. I'm in the western suburbs of Melbourne.

Thanks

Andrew
AK47

Pinfire,

This is what I've got for SA:

Billa Kalina 1:250 K and map (1981)
Chowilla 1:250 K no map (1978)
Copley 1:250 K no map (1973)
Dalhousie 1:250 K and map (1985)
Everard 1:250 K no map (1973)
Fowler 1:250 K and map (1978)
Frome 1:250 K and map (1981)
Gairdner 1:250 K and map (1985)
Lake Eyre 1:250 K and map (1976)
Murloocoppie 1:250 K and map (1978)
Noolyeana 1:250 K no map (1975)
Parachilna 1:250 K and map (1972)
Pinnaroo 1:250 K no map (1980)
Poolowanna 1:250 K and map (1975)
Renmark 1:250 K no map (1972)

1579494872_sa_stuff.jpg

Hopefully the photo has uploaded (I can't tell when writing the post). Let me know if you are still interested and we can PM to discuss details.

Andrew

Bump... these are still available if anyone is still interested.....

Andrew

Hi All,

There's been some interest in these reports - thought I'd post what I've got so people have more of an idea. I apologise if the pictures are a bit blurry - I took a photo of them a while ago thinking of adding it to the post, but noticed they were a bit dark and blurry. If you are interested, let me know and I can list exactly what I've got (i.e. if there are maps with the report).

Please note:
1. I'm not asking for much for these - give or take about $50 + postage for the bigger lots (i.e. Qld and WA) - which comes out to about $80 or so. That's a bit of a steal for the number of reports you get (for example, the QLD ones at about $80 means you are getting each report for under $1 each).
2. I'm not particularly keen on cherry picking from each state - I'll preference those who ask for the whole state. Again, I'm not asking much.
3. I'm not keeping the proceeds - they are going to the bushfires - most likely the CFA. AND I'm matching all offers. If you want to offer more, know they are going to a good cause.

Thanks everybody

Andrew

AK 47 Im interested in the WA lot are they just reports or do they have maps as well? Cheers Muk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts