Wave wheel experiment

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrPyro89 said:
20xwater said:
This is the fan barrel out of an aircon, it's the most perfect easy go to shape with it's multi mini grizzly structure.
Problem would be that it would spin to fast to process anything, not using it in this experiment but maybe give ya's an idea..
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...569/1579088822_20200115_213915_compress64.jpg

Looks the goods, keen to see it completed! I noticed your around the bathurst area? good to see there are some more local members

I'm keen to see it too :Y: really liking this project :beer:

Reverse healix tromell
I am tossing up between that and the spiral wheel
I will be using 5-10mm thick plastic strip or angle to do the internal spiral.
I want to see if I can manually with gears or belt crank a pump to pump water to the tromell, while it rotates the tromell
or attach a Spiral tube or bucket to the end wheel to lift water from the tub or creek below.
:cool:

1579504559_spiral_pump.jpg

1579504570_bucket_pump.jpg

Decoy said:
Reverse healix tromell
I am tossing up between that and the spiral wheel
I will be using 5-10mm thick plastic strip or angle to do the internal spiral.
I want to see if I can manually with gears or belt crank a pump to pump water to the tromell, while it rotates the tromell
or attach a Spiral tube or bucket to the end wheel to lift water from the tub or creek below.
:cool:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/17310/1579504559_spiral_pump.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/17310/1579504570_bucket_pump.jpg
Interesting but very different from what I'm trying to build.
I'm trying to harness and aim the energy from pressure and velocity with gears to create torque to do 2 separate functions.

Back on the perforated allow sheet hunt, having trouble, I need 550400mm in 2mm holes and 550400mm in 5-6mm holes..
Anyone know where? Can get it at this size on eBay but they want $60 and $60 for postage for each sheet from Melbourne?

Big night sourcing parts and possibilitys last night, 7 hours straight.
Added to cart..
Bearings, chain, electric scooter front and rear sprockets all in 10mm. If I can't get a trolley wheel with a 10mm inner (without bearings to fit on a 10mm axle, then I have to do it all again in a bigger size.
Stimulated?

20xwater said:
Back on the perforated allow sheet hunt, having trouble, I need 550400mm in 2mm holes and 550400mm in 5-6mm holes..
Anyone know where? Can get it at this size on eBay but they want $60 and $60 for postage for each sheet from Melbourne?

Air cond ducting manufacturer, some older styles of fireplace flu vent protection, try a sheetmetal workshop locally.

Maybe.

:)

I wonder if a water wheel could be used to feed water to a sluice...
With no pumps being allowed in nsw

gragagan said:
I wonder if a water wheel could be used to feed water to a sluice...
With no pumps being allowed in nsw
You would be better off setting a water wheel up on the end of a river sluice to drive a trommel barrel set up at the top..

Latest posts